The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is seeking a Plant Manager for our Amory, MS facility. This individual will be responsible for the overall performance of the Plant operations. The Plant Manager will work directly with upper levels of management to ensure company objectives are met, while providing leadership to the facility personnel. This position reports to the Director of Operations, Southeast.
- Plans, organizes and runs optimum day-to-day operations.
- Develops systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effect return on assets.
- Prepares, manages and owns plant budget and P&L.
- Increases production, assets capacity and flexibility, while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Allocates resources effectively and fully utilizes assets to produce optimal results.
- Implements strategies in alignment with company objectives while providing a clear sense of direction and focus for the team.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment that meets all OSHA, local, state, and federal requirements.
- Monitors weekly cost analysis and adjusting labor, materials and supplies to operate within budgets.
- Assists in identifying, recruiting, managing and developing the plant staff.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and training for all plant supervisory employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive Operations management experience.
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Ability to lead in a highly fluid environment and through rapid change.
- Experience in wood industry business preferred
- Previous experience in fast paced 24/7 manufacturing environment
- Mechanical trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Potential travel to other Enviva sites (10%)
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.