The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Based out of our Headquarters in Bethesda, MD, the Staff Accountant will have responsibility for key aspects of the monthly accounting cycle. This position reports to the Director, Revenue Recognition & Accounting.
Customer Billing/Accounts Receivable/General Ledger
- Works closely with commercial sales team to clearly understand all transactions and events each period.
- Prepares journal entries and associated documents related to revenue recognition.
- Prepares balance sheet accounts reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Performs customer billing function and ensures that invoices and associated details are remitted to customers in a timely manner.
- Assists with cash management through working with Treasury team on a weekly basis in helping to forecast cash flows, by providing the status on all billed and unbilled invoice amounts.
- Tracks and monitors collection and billing status of customer accounts receivable.
- Constantly works to improve pre-existing processes. Develop new processes and procedures to be implemented in a fast and growing environment.
Cross Functional Reporting
- Assists with compiling monthly financial reporting designed to communicate margin results and profitability to the executive team each month.
- Ensures compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX 404) by maintaining effective internal controls over financial reporting (revenue recognition).
- Assists with audits for revenue-related matters and support Internal and External Auditor requests by providing PBC and SOX related items.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years of general accounting experience required; preferably in a large publicly-traded company
- Strong aptitude for financial and accounting systems; Microsoft Dynamics AX experience a plus
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Advanced MS Excel user
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally
- Ability to work independently and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Meticulous and self-motivated individual with good interpersonal skills
- CPA or working toward CPA certification highly preferred
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- A team player that strives for effective collaboration across teams, functions, and locations
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.