The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Process Improvement & Reliability Engineer is responsible for manufacturing process improvements that drive new performance levels by improving throughput and reducing variation, improve reliability of the equipment and generate more consistency and uptime at a reduce cost.
- Execute assigned process improvement projects in alignment with site priorities
- Support capital project development and implementation through collecting, developing and analyzing technical information and data
- Serve as first point of contact for diagnosing and troubleshooting site process related issues
- Implement corrective actions related to safety and process in alignment with site priorities and in accordance with Management of Change (MOC) process
- Develop a thorough understanding of all factors and conditions that impact the processes, product, and equipment reliability (including environmental impacts).
- Identify performance gaps and implement equipment and process changes for mechanical and electrical issues.
- Create and maintain procedures in accordance with OEMS standards.
- Utilize project management skills to manage simultaneous improvement projects
- Analyze problems and implement solutions using critical thinking skills and focused improvement methods.
- Incorporate creative thinking into the problem-solving approach to identify unique and different ways to improve quality and consistency.
- Work closely with the maintenance, COE, and other plant teams to create solutions that can be applied consistently company-wide.
- Contribute to the plant safety program.
- Key contact with Regional CI resources on continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor-s degree in Engineering
- 0-5 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in wood or paper industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, and meet deadlines; willingness to respond to after hour calls regarding processes and equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Prior experience with LEAN manufacturing, FMEA, Process Hazards Analysis and/or Process Control Systems
- Prior experience in analyzing, estimating and planning capital expenditures
- Familiarity with heavy industrial equipment
- Industrial experience in continuous flow process or similar industry where work outage planning is required
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.