The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Sr. Compensation Analyst is a key member of the Total Rewards team and will be responsible for the day-to-day administration and communication of Enviva’s Compensation programs that support our Pay-for-Performance philosophy. This role will manage base pay and short-term incentive plans and will provide analytical expertise, guidance and interpretation of Compensation policies.
- Oversees development, implementation and administration of compensation programs inclusive of base pay and short-term incentive programs, pay structure administration, compliance (minimum wage, FLSA, etc.) and reporting.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and broader Enviva teams to consult on day-to-day Compensation matters.
- Independently conducts job evaluations, handles requests on marked data research (new hire offers, promotions, etc.) and recommends appropriate compensation actions.
- Responsible for delivery of annual merit and short-term incentive programs, adheres to set timelines and budgets.
- Engages and acts as main point of contact with 3rd party vendors for compensation data, systems and services. Responsible for compensation surveys and practices & trends questionnaire submissions. Analyzes obtained results to ensure Enviva maintains competitive market positioning.
- Prepares complex compensation analysis and reporting to identify trends and patterns in compensation practices and make recommendations for plan changes and/or improvements.
- Consults and educates Human Capital teams regarding compensation policy, compensation projects and initiatives. Prepares Compensation communications/training materials.
- Leads Compensation projects and ah -hoc analysis as assigned.
- Supports Sr. Manager, Global Compensation on Equity administration matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Human Resources Management or a related field preferred.
- 5 years of Compensation experience. Functional knowledge of relevant federal and state regulations affecting compensation programs (minimum wage laws, FLSA, etc).
- Functional knowledge of Human Capital business processes and impact of Compensation on such (HRIS, payroll, benefits, etc.)
- Experience with HR Technologies such as HRIS systems and market pricing tools (UltiPro and CompAnalyst are a plus).
- Advanced level Excel user with strong data management and analytical skills required. Ability to use functions such as vlookup and pivot tables on a daily basis.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize activities, and self-manage work focus and time for optimal results.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to research and analyze sensitive data while maintaining objectivity and confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and productive working relationships with team members at all levels of the organization.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- CCP certification (or progress towards)
- Ability to travel up to 10% to local sites
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.