The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Reporting directly to the Director of Maintenance & Reliability, this job will be responsible for the execution of the Proactive Maintenance Process and promoting a culture of operational discipline. The Corporate Reliability Manager, and team, leads the company-wide predictive/preventive maintenance program for all manufacturing facilities and assets. This entails standards, processes, workflows, procedures, work instructions, metrics, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)s. The Corporate Reliability Manager develops, implements, and maintains the strategic proactive maintenance program to assure operational reliability, energy conservation, optimal maintenance practices, extended asset life, low operating expense, and peak labor utilization.
- Maintain Company Proactive Maintenance Process and develop maintenance reliability predictive/preventive strategies to increase machine OEE and achieve optimal performance
- Coordinate with plant maintenance teams to ensure the correct reliability techniques are properly utilized.
- Monitor & respond to critical asset performance to mitigate risk and improve facility performance standards, operating effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Train operations leaders in the effective use of maintenance reliability tools and methodologies
- Assist plants in building an effective maintenance reliability team through internal & external recruiting
- Enable corporate safety and quality strategies.
- Managing performance metrics to ensure that programs are being adequately executed.
- Managing Reliability Engineering team to drive performance through operational excellence and execution.
- Audit and provide feedback to plant and executive leadership on plant adherence and performance to proactive and predictive Reliability processes and standards.
- Maintain & ensure accuracy of location equipment criticality & ensure proper preventative and predictive measures are in place
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline is preferred.
- 12 – 15 years of Maintenance & Reliability experience is required.
- 7 or more years of experience in maintenance reliability leadership is required.
- Experience in Maintenance and Reliability and manufacturing in an asset intensive, heavy industrial, continuous manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience implementing Reliability Centered Maintenance and Total Productive Maintenance.
- Experience in leading maintenance reliability teams is required.
- Experience with RCA / FMEA desired
- Ability to be an effective role model for knowledge and frontline leadership styles necessary for sustainable maintenance reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to constructively engage, negotiate, and resolve conflict and influence operational leaders while building strong counseling relationships with front line leaders.
- Effectively communicate financial and operating information to all levels across the business.
- Design, development, and implementation of reliability strategies are essential in this role.
- Experience managing and directing multiple site locations is preferred.
- Strong communications skills (i.e. verbal, written, and interpersonal) are required.
- Ability and experience working in a highly matrixed organizational structure within a diverse culture is preferred
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- CMRP, CRL, CEM or CPE certifications desired.
- Ability to travel up to 50% Domestic is required.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.