The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Project Engineer will have responsibility for scoping, business case development, detailed engineering, and managing projects at facilities across the enterprise.
- Aligning with our culture in operating safely and in a safe workplace, ensure that all work, in and out of projects, and both external and internal project resources are adhering to a safe work practices and supporting a safe workplace.
- Work with plant operations and respective support teams to develop scopes of work.
- Create detailed engineering calculations, plans, and drawings.
- Conceive, plan, and execute well-defined projects to improve Enviva’s operations.
- Manage and maintain concise project plan and budget (typical project budget will range from $25k to $500k); achieving on time to schedule and on target to budget.
- Maintain cadenced project team meetings with defined actions and owners.
- Coordinate with Plant Controllers and the Project Controller team from initial project funding/capital request through project closure.
- Review cost and schedule performance including detailed budget variances and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Prepare weekly and full completion project progress reports.
- Manage external resources as required (serve as company representative to subcontractors for all planning and scheduling activities).
- Communicate and coordinate with internal Enviva stakeholders and subcontractors to ensure a consistent understanding and execution of identified schedule objectives and work activities.
- Manage and maintain the project risk register.
- Comply with safety, good housekeeping, product quality and related regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical.
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Minimum 1 years dedicated project engineer experience.
- Must be a driver of action.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Process / Value Stream Mapping and FMEA.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project with the ability to learn other applications related to the job.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to prioritize workload.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in wood processing.
- Six Sigma Certification (GB or BB).
Lean/Continuous Improvement experience.
- High Travel
- First year 80%+ and 25% (project dependent)
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.