The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Maintenance Planner is accountable for the planning & scheduling of routine, preventative, predictive and outage related E & I and mechanical maintenance activities. The Planner supports the team members to achieve maximum facility availability in a safe, efficient, and cost effective manner within all environmental, regulatory and safety standards.
The incumbent supports the Maintenance Manager in the development, implementation and administration of the maintenance strategy to achieve the objectives identified in the Business Plan. The position is responsible to ensure all aspects of employee safety including implementation of safe work practices and promoting safety awareness.
- Approach all work order planning with the understanding that safety is the #1 priority.
- Receiving, reviewing and ensuring accuracy and completeness of all requests for plant work and then going out into the plant and planning the work.
- Developing and drafting written maintenance plans that clearly communicate the work scope and maximize the job productivity for the work force employees.
- Determining and arranging for materials, parts and special tools or equipment required to perform work order scope and making sure they are available before scheduling the work.
- Coordinating maintenance planning activities and reviewing work orders with the appropriate personnel to assure safety and mutual agreement and understanding, arranging for LOTO.
- Operations, maintaining liaison among departments to coordinate maintenance planning activities.
- Provides fast response for support to plant operations as needed.
- 25% - Develop detailed job plans including the labor (type & quantity), materials, tools and work procedures for repairs, alterations and preventative maintenance to facilities and equipment to meet the objectives of the work request. Also monitor non-scheduled work for possible corrective actions through PM or routine inspections.
- 25% - Prepare daily work schedules for mechanics and electricians.
- 15% - Manage and maintain the Work Flow process (work identification, planning, scheduling, execution and auditing).
- 15% - Maintenance management administration including providing plant support and training, updating equipment hierarchies, PM generation, etc. Maintain equipment manuals and BOMs for equipment. Maintain job plan database. Compile data and generate required reports for monitoring personnel and department performance against established goals. Generate reports as required for corporate review/compilation.
- 10% - Maintain and audit Preventive Maintenance work orders established in maintenance management system including: job plans, frequency or work, etc.
- 10% - Lead the planning, scheduling, communication and optimization of down day and non-down days activities
- Associate degree in Engineering with four (4) years of relevant experience and/or a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in maintenance-related applications.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and environmental regulations is required.
- In-depth knowledge of station systems and processes in both operations and maintenance areas.
- Must thoroughly understand process controls and computer systems, including hardware and software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communications skills (oral and written) are required, in addition to sound motivational, teamwork and leadership qualities.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.