The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Tax Manager will work closely with the Director of Tax and support the tax responsibilities for a public Master Limited Partnership and other related entities, including US and international tax compliance, reporting and planning.
The successful candidate will have the ability to identify and research potential tax issues surrounding the Company’s strategic plans.
- Identify and develop efficiencies within the tax compliance and reporting functions
- Support the preparation of partnership and corporate tax returns
- Prepare and maintain corporate tax provision
- Manage filing of K-1’s including the K-1 tax reporting compliance process for the company, a publicly-traded master limited partnership (“MLP”) and ensure timely deliverable to investors
- Provide support for MLP tax issues in compliance with financial reporting standards and the IRS tax regulations
- Manage international tax filings including monthly/quarterly value added tax filings and remittance in Denmark, the Netherlands, Latvia and the UK
- Manage and review required fixed asset and taxable income details required to compute IRC Sections 704(b) and 704(c) allocations
- Prepare annual property tax returns and reconcile actual spend to budget.
- Assist in complying with all local taxing authorities including sales and use tax responsibilities and the distribution and receipt of exemption certificates
- Document tax processes for internal control purposes
- Prepare MLP’s Qualified Income calculation
- Support internal and external audits
- Assist Director of Tax in M&A transactions
- Manage special projects as directed by the Director of Tax
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field required
- CPA required
- 6 to 8+ years of years of tax experience; Public accounting experience coupled with partnership and corporate tax experiences required
- Experience managing international tax filings including monthly/quarterly value-added tax filings and remittance
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with tax and accounting systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Expert knowledge of Excel and Word is required.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and proven ability to drive process improvements
- Motivated self-starter
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills.
- A proactive team leader who can work with leadership and the tax team to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk.
- Extensive corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Minimal travel may be required to Enviva locations in the US
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.