The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Regional EHS Manager for Construction is responsible for EHS oversight of their projects across the portfolio and active, engaged leadership in implementation and assurance of Enviva’s Operational Excellence Management System (OEMS). This assurance includes both Enviva and contractor’s compliance with Enviva and regulatory EHS requirements, delivering and reinforcing Enviva’s 4 pillars of Operational Excellence, and conformance with Enviva’s Site Specific Safety Plan (SSSP) and all other applicable EHS requirements.
- Work closely with EHS Director for Construction, Project Managers, Construction Managers, Regional Environmental Managers, Plant Managers and Plant EHS Managers to understand the company’s needs and mission during the execution of Brownfield and Greenfield construction projects, and ensure EHS excellence on Enviva project locations.
- Champion a culture of Operational Discipline within construction that results in a “Zero Incident” culture for all Enviva and contractor personnel.
- Support and oversee deployment of corporate Risk Identification and Assessment and Regulatory Compliance processes within their assigned projects in the Region.
- Leads by influencing teams in implementation of Enviva’s Safe Work Practices.
- Leads, by their knowledge and experience, in regulatory compliance of 29CFR 1926-Construction.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the implementation and compliance with Enviva’s site-specific safety plan (SSSP).
- Supports and provides assurance, oversight and auditing of OEMS 4.8 Emergency response. This includes development and delivery of drills and exercises on project’ specific emergency response plans (ERPs).
- Ensure employee, contractor, and vendor work practices are compliant with OSHA, NFPA, and other regulatory agencies, as well as with company standards and policies
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in Health & Safety regulatory compliance in a construction EHS role, possession of a 30 hour OSHA construction certificate OR successful completion of an OSHA 510 course with preference given to candidates who possess a recognized professional certification/credential such as GSP, ASP, CSHO, OHST, CSP, etc.
- Minimum education requirements are a high school diploma, some college credits. Preference will be given to individuals who hold an Associates, Bachelors or other degree from an accredited college or university.
- Candidates must have documented work experience in an EHS leadership role within project teams engaged in heavy industrial construction.
- The preferred candidate will be knowledgeable in formal risk assessment processes such as HAZID, PSSR, HAZOP and/or PHA’s.
- Candidates must be proficient in written and verbal communications, leading safety meetings, presentations at project meetings, leading incident investigations and meeting with contractors.
- Must be competent in MS Word, Excel, Outlook with the ability to learn and utilize Enviva’s specific software and applications.
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment that includes Enviva contractor and vendor personnel. These skills must include the ability to recognize exemplary performance, challenge and confront unacceptable and unsafe behaviors in a non-adversarial manner to meet Enviva’s Zero Incident Goal.
- Preferred candidates will have achieved EHS success on leading a previous large project team in an EHS role utilizing an Integrated Management/Operational Excellence, or other formalized management system.
- Candidates must be capable of working long hours in conditions where heat and cold are normal and acceptable conditions on a construction site. Additionally, candidates must be willing to work in dynamic work environment, E.g. Construction-Commissioning-Operations and be able to adapt and lead EHS throughout the Project’ Lifecycle.
- Candidates must be capable of standing, sitting, climbing stairs and ladders. Occasional lifting of 25-50 lbs. is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel > 50% of the time.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.