The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Project Engineer will have responsibility for all technical deliverables during development, design, construction, and start-up of pellet manufacturing and pellet shipping facilities. The engineer will be an integral part of the project team, working with the project and construction managers to ensure control of changes that may impact cost and schedule.
- Aligning with our culture in operating safely and in a safe workplace, ensure that all work, in and out of projects, and both external and internal project resources are adhering to a safe work practices and supporting a safe workplace.
- Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management
- Develops technical specifications for procurement packages and reviews bids from contractors to make recommendations
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards
- Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving technical problems
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions to Project Manager
- Controls project costs by evaluating design changes with respect to budget
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Review cost and schedule performance including detailed budget variances and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Manage external resources as required (serve as company representative to subcontractors for all planning and scheduling activities).
- Communicate and coordinate with internal Enviva stakeholders and subcontractors to ensure a consistent understanding and execution of identified schedule objectives and work activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing or industrial process experience
- Minimum 3 years dedicated project engineering experience
- Must be action driven with strong problem solving skills
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project with the ability to learn other applications related to the job.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to prioritize workload.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in wood processing
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience
- First year 80%+, after between 80% and 25% (project dependent)
- Must travel to Epes, Alabama site for duration of project
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.