The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is looking for an Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for system integration, project equipment and scope definition for greenfield, pellet plant projects. The incumbent will be tasked with leading project scope development, engineering design (conceptual and detail), estimating and scheduling input, management of 3rd party engineering, RFI and other design integrity processes, site support and integration during construction, commissioning and start-up phase of the project
- Manage electrical engineering during the development period which includes, writing detailed and defined scopes and specifications, determining timelines with milestones in the development process, identifying key interfaces and providing guidance and expertise to keep the project design integrity.
- Act as the Owner’s design authority on electrical engineering during design engineering and field support during construction, through commissioning as needed.
- Provide electrical system integration and identify any potential process improvement activities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of seven years of design engineering in industrial process or manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of electrical codes and standards.
- Commissioning, control system and troubleshooting experience a plus.
- Self-reliant and good communication skills essential.
- Able to work within a large team, interface with other engineering firms and construction personnel in a collaborative environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and design software.
- First year 80%+, after between 80% and 25% (project dependent)
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.