The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is seeking a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) based in our headquarters in Bethesda, MD. As an instrumental member of the Finance organization, the Director of FP&A will be responsible for managing the timeliness, quality and capability of the forecasting and budgeting process across all Enviva entities.
The Director of FP&A reports to the Vice President Operations Finance, and leads a team of financial analysts to manage corporate forecasting and budgeting.
- Work closely with the VP Operations Finance, executive leadership team and business leaders to develop and provide financial metrics, data, analysis, and insights.
- Manage the monthly forecast process including variance analysis of actual results compared to prior estimate
- Manages the budget process from creating the internal budget calendar through the preparation of board materials for approval of the annual plan.
- Identify key criteria for variance analysis, leading indicators, highlight trends and recommend mitigation strategies to leadership.
- Interface with leaders from the sales, operations and corporate teams and work closely with the accounting team to ensure that actual and forecasted results are properly consolidated or disseminated.
- Prepare forecast summaries and presentations for executive and board leadership.
- Provide oversight to improve processes, eliminate errors and improve reporting capabilities for financial reviews and other ad-hoc analyses.
- Lead and develop team of financial analysts, creating bench strength on team and future leaders for Enviva.
- Develop ad-hoc forecasts for various business scenarios and support future M&A initiatives from an FP&A perspective.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Accounting or Economics, with 10+ years of progressive FP&A related work experience.
- 5+ years supervisory experience with proven success in leading and building teams.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with superior problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective leader with ability to collaborate with executives, key stakeholders, and business partners.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, including advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint, and direct working experience with financial planning tools
- Analytical, process and results oriented with strong focus on orderliness, structure, and planning.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change within a growing company.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- CFA or other advanced certifications
- Experience working with Planful financial planning tool (previously Host Analytics)
- Experience working within MLP structure
- Manufacturing and/or energy industry experience
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.