The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
As a critical member of the Accounting Team, the Manager of Revenue Recognition and Accounting will be responsible for the following:
ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- Assess and conclude on treatment of transactions, new agreements and amendments for revenue recognition.
- Document assessments in whitepapers and formal workpapers as necessary.
- Review draft contracts and amendments and provide feedback on accounting implications.
General Ledger Closes
- Prepare and review journal entries and associated documents related to revenue recognition.
- Balance sheet accounts reconciliation reviews on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with the commercial sales team to clearly understand all transactions and events each period.
- Prepare and/or review income statement reconciliations.
- Oversee billing function:
- Review documentation needed for customer invoices and ensure that invoices and associated details are remitted to customers in a timely manner.
- Oversight over customer accounts receivable balances owed for each shipment. This will include balances that are both billed and unbilled at any point in time.
- Oversight of reconciliation of cash activity related to customer billings, shipment payments, intercompany settlements, and other types of transactions as needed.
- Play a critical role in cash management through working with Treasury team on a weekly basis in helping to forecast cash flows, by providing the status on all billed and unbilled invoice amounts.
Internal Financial Reporting
- Compile monthly financial reporting designed to communicate margin results and profitability to the executive team each month.
- Communicate results and drivers of revenue-generating activity to financial planning and analysis team, commercial sales team, and Enviva executive team.
- Prepare and/or review reporting deliverables for the 10-Q/K’s.
- Support quarterly reviews and year end audits.
Process and SOX
- Constantly works to improve pre-existing processes. Develop new processes and procedures to be implemented in a fast and growing environment.
- Ensure compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX 404) by maintaining effective internal controls over financial reporting (revenue recognition).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant accounting/finance experience.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to influence change through written and verbal communication.
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly, and effectively to target audiences.
- Strong attention to details.
- Exceptional data management and data analysis skills.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Public accounting experience
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience
- Understanding of U.S GAAP revenue recognition
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.