The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Director of Capital Projects and will have responsibility for managing large array of projects at facilities across the enterprise. The position is based in Raleigh, NC but extensive travel is expected to the facilities across the enterprise (see Travel Requirements).
- Using the Four Pillars of Operational Discipline, this position is responsible for (4) key deliverables:
- Aligning with our culture in operating safely and in a safe workplace, ensure that all work, in and out of projects, and both external and internal project resources are adhering to a safe work practices and supporting a safe workplace.
- Partner with plant operations and respective support teams to develop scopes of work, business cases, and the overall project execution alignment.
- Conceive, plan, and execute projects to improve and expand Enviva’s operations.
- Scale of $1M-$25M
- Highly expedited timing
- Predominately capital implementation at currently running sites
- Manage, maintain, and communicate concise project plans and budgets to Executive Staff; achieving on time to schedule and on target to budget.
- Maintain cadenced project team meetings with defined actions and owners.
- Coordinate with Plant Controllers and the Project Controller team from initial project funding/capital request through project closure.
- Review cost and schedule performance including detailed budget variances and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Prepare, issue, deliver project progress reports (typical range from daily to monthly).
- Manage external resources as required (serve as company representative to subcontractors for all planning and scheduling activities).
- Communicate and coordinate with internal Enviva stakeholders and subcontractors to ensure a consistent understanding and execution of identified schedule objectives and work activities.
- Manage and maintain the project risk register.
- Comply with safety, good housekeeping, product quality and related regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical degree and minimum ten (10) years of industrial process or manufacturing experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years dedicated project manager experience.
- Must be a driver of action.
- Strong problem solving ability using a DMAIC, PDCA, or 8D structure.
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Process / Value Stream Mapping and FMEA.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project with the ability to learn other applications related to the job.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in wood processing
- Six Sigma Certification (GB or BB)
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience
- PMP Certification
- Experience with ServiceNow or relatable ITSM
- Up to seventy percent (70%), and in cases, temporary/project based relocation
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.