The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
This “hands-on” position in support of the VP of IT provides leadership and guidance in critical areas of technology administration to improve cost-effectiveness, service quality, and IT operational effectiveness, including financial management, portfolio planning and prioritization, vendor management, resource management, change management, policy formation, and communications. The Director, IT PMO and Governance role is instrumental in helping to transform IT in its journey to become an enabling partner that delivers predictable, cost-efficient, high quality services to the business. This role focuses on ensuring that the IT organization does the right things through strategy and governance, as well as doing things right through policy/process development, planning and successful execution of information technology projects, that support Enviva’s business goals and objectives. The role will manage a team of IT project managers, PMO Analyst, PMO Governance Analyst and outside providers for selected projects as assigned.
- Establish and run the IT PMO to track projects through successful completion
- Produce an annual IT plan and budget that is integrated into Enviva’s business planning and budgeting processes.
- Support the VP of IT and IT leadership team providing broad insight to IT domains and capabilities which support enterprise wide business decisions
- Monitor and report on the performance of the IT projects including actual vs. expected results, budgets and project duration.
- Provide central control over budgeting and forecasting across the IT organization.
- Proactive planning of incoming work and coordination of IT resources across the organization to more optimally align supply with demand
- Establish IT planning processes which align business and IT strategies and drive focus and prioritization within the organization
- Build, manage, track and report on the IT budget. Ensure invoices are paid and charged properly across all of IT. Train and guide others in IT on this as well as providing this from you and your resources.
- Provide transparent reporting to the business and executives on the operational and delivery effectiveness of IT
- Facilitate the development and ongoing maintenance of the IT Strategic Plan and Roadmap that includes IT’s approach for resource management, governance and technology.
- Maintain a good understanding of Enviva’s broader strategy and goals.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of IT policies, procedures, methodologies, and governance — as well as performance management frameworks and metrics — to ensure the IT organization delivers value to the enterprise - Improving the awareness and adoption of all IT policies and procedures
- Lead and ensure compliance of change control procedures and policies; evaluate and participate in meeting requirements for re-validation
- Lead the change management process ensuring that all releases are compliant with IT general controls and enterprise standards
- Work with IT team to build and maintain SOX compliance evidence and reporting required by Internal Audit and external auditors
- Work Internal and External Audit to deliver required SOX evidence, reporting and answer questions needed to complete audits in a timely manner
- Direct risk evaluation and compliance management processes to ensure risk appetite is aligned with functional capabilities, roadmaps and target customer experiences.
- Drive the establishment of a vendor management functions and assist team in building strategic vendor and partnership relationships.
- Assist team in optimize spending, support life cycle management and strategic decision-making within the IT environment
- Motivate staff to embrace new paradigms and builds strong partnerships across the IT organization necessary to effect change
- Manage, lead and mentor’s IT staff, along with third-party vendors as appropriate
- Assist in IT employee selection, training, guidance, performance management and development to ensure department objectives, goals and performance standards for the department are achieved
- Formalize the tracking of service levels and deliverable quality internally and from 3rd party providers
- For projects assigned, provide project management leadership including requirements gathering, project development, vendor management, proposal development and review, effective planning and execution, on time, in scope and budget.
- Manage internal and external resources to deliver the highest quality, first class service to operations and other stakeholders.
- Develop detailed project plans and execute projects on time, in scope and budget that support company goals and improve overall operational capability.
- Lead a team of Project Managers that oversee large scale IT and business technology projects to ensure on-time and on-budget performance, while meeting project goals and objectives.
- Lead PMO Analyst(s) and other indirect reporting support staff to meet this roles objectives.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive leadership experience managing complex IT organizations, with at least 5 years leading a strategic IT or planning function
- At least 5 years of experience managing a $15M+ annual budget in support of business applications
- Bachelors’ degree in computer-related field or equivalent combination of education and IT work experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience defining, implementing and managing ongoing portfolio management, strategic planning, program management, and IT Governance processes.
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the standard governance frameworks like COBIT, ITIL.
- Enthusiastic problem solver with advanced critical and strategic thinking skills and strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong understanding of business processes and the integration of technological processes, work comfortably with senior business leadership, work comfortably in a collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated and proactive with an ability to stay calm in the face of adversity and uncertainty.
- Exceptional track record influencing business and technology partners across the organization, effectively leading change, originating ideas, and championing and gaining commitment.
- Must be a people person who inspires trust and confidence in others, enabling them to easily trust your insights and judgments
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.