The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Facility Engineer is responsible for the safe and reliable operation of all utilities, buildings and grounds for an Enviva manufacturing site.
- Plan, schedule and execute capital projects as necessary related to site utilities, buildings and grounds.
- Site point of contact for contract services (e.g. building cleaning crew) related to utilities, buildings and grounds.
- Partner with site and regional EHS to ensure site complies with all utility, facility and grounds safety regulations, rules and best practices.
- Serve as point of contact for utility companies.
- Participate and lead as necessary specific projects or tasks to support the planning, scheduling and execution of projects during site outage work.
- Complete routine building and grounds work orders through adherence of OEMS 4.3 Work order Process.
- Develop or adopt energy savings best practices to improve site facility costs.
- Ensure critical spares are identified, procured or plans in place to obtain in timely manner in the event a site utility issue occurs.
- Work with other functional groups on capital projects development and utility cost savings and budgeting
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mechanical preferred
- Experience managing projects or a facility in the repair of equipment and systems using natural gas, LP, electrical and air
- Minimum 3-5 years of manufacturing experience in a heavy industrial industry, preferably in wood, paper, or aggregate industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, and meet deadlines; willingness to respond to after hour calls regarding processes and equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.