The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Lead Applications Developer will report to the Enterprise IT Manager and is responsible for playing a significant role in designing, developing, implementing, testing and supporting the complete Dynamics AX Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment. The Lead ERP Developer role defines strategies and best practices for accomplishing viable automated solutions for complex business processes.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies the programming systems including encoding, testing, and debugging to support the organization's ERP ecosystem.
- Ensures that software can be completely integrated into the technical landscape at Enviva.
- Designs and develops application tables, reports, and new modules to improve system efficiency.
- Leads software integration and maintains technical documentation.
- Works with client/server enterprise applications, Saas applications and IaaS solutions.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts such as design reviews and code reviews.
- Drives development and maintenance of code artifacts, technical communications, action plans, agendas, minutes, and correspondence.
- Insures the development of optimized coding processes and system designs as needed, training others on best practices.
- Leads production support efforts for the applications, including participation in a 24×7 on-call support rotation.
- Participate in production changes that may occur after 5:00p.m. or on weekends.
- Participate in internal and external audits and facilitate responses to audit requests.
- Supervises and coaches' other developers on team.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of algorithms, programming structures and numerical analysis; be able to identify better ways to solve problems.
- Demonstrates a strong initiative to learn, collaborate, be proactive in acquiring programming knowledge and skills, taking on new assignments and extending his/her knowledge.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models
- A proven track record of successfully implementing ERP software solutions and integrated third party solutions including 9+ years of experience as a senior applications developer solving complex solutions in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and MS Dynamics object security and low-level security is required
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish and translate customer requirements into working code.
- Proven ability to participate in software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Knowledge of .NET framework, MS Dynamics architecture (Web Server, App Server, Process Scheduler, Batch Server and Database Server), MS Dynamics software development, and Azure is required.
- Full life cycle upgrade experience from Dynamics 2012 to D365 preferred.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Online, MS Platforms (Power BI, Power Apps, Flow, etc.).
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Server or equivalent, Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Must be able to assess technical gaps in requirement specifications
- Track record of coaching junior team members
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.