The EHS Manager for Expansion Projects is responsible for EHS oversight of the various projects across the regions. This oversight includes compliance with Enviva and regulatory EHS requirements as well as conformance with the project’s Site-Specific Safety Plan (SSSP) and EHS management systems. The EHS Manager for Expansion Projects must be knowledgeable and experienced in working in both the Greenfield and Brownfield areas. Additionally, this individual must be intimately familiar with Enviva’s Safe Work Practices (Brownfield) in addition to the SSSP requirements. The Expansion Project EHS Manager will work closely with Contractors to ensure that Enviva’s EHS goals and objectives are met.
- Work closely with EHS Director for construction, Project Managers, Construction Managers, Regional Environmental Managers, Plant Managers and Plant EHS Managers to understand company needs and mission during the execution of Brownfield and Greenfield construction projects to ensure EHS excellence on Enviva project locations.
- Champion a culture of Operational Discipline within construction that results in a zero-incident culture of Enviva and contractor personnel.
- Support and oversee deployment of corporate Risk Identification and Assessment and Regulatory Compliance processes within their assigned projects in the Region.
- Leads by influencing their teams in implementation of Enviva’s Safe Work Practices.
- Leads, by their knowledge and experience, in regulatory compliance of 29CFR 1926-Construction.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the development and implementation of site-specific safety plans (SSSP).
- Supports and provides oversight for deployment of Safe Work Practices across their Enviva’ project teams.
- Ensure employee’, contractor’, and vendor’ work practices are compliant with OSHA, NFPA, and other regulatory agencies, as well as with company standards and policies
- 10 years’ experience working in Health & Safety regulatory compliance in an industrial setting required, with 5 years of direct industry EHS experience in construction.
- High School diploma, some college credits. Preference for Associates or Bachelors degree.
- Demonstrated experience working in an EHS leadership role within a project team in a heavy industrial setting.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications leading safety meetings, discussions with project leadership, leading incident investigations and meeting with contractors.
- Must be competent in MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Minimum acceptable certification is OSHA 510 with OSHA 500. Preferred certifications include CSHO-Construction, ASP or CSP.
- Must posses excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment that includes Enviva, contractor and vendor personnel. These skills must include the ability to recognize exemplary performance, challenge and confront unacceptable and unsafe behaviors in a non-adversarial manner to meet Enviva’s Zero Incident Goal.
Preferred candidates will have achieved EHS success on leading a previous project with a cumulative TRIR results below 1.0.
- Must be capable of working long hours in conditions where heat and cold are normal and acceptable conditions on a construction site. Additionally, must be willing to work in an ever-changing landscape where construction leads to commissioning and finally to handover to operations.
- Candidates must be capable of standing, sitting, climbing stairs and ladders.
- Occasional lifting of 25-50 lbs. is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.