- Plans, develops, and implements maintenance methods and procedures designed to reduce downtime, supply chain losses, minimize operating costs, and optimize the utilization of technicians, materials and assets.
- Partners with manufacturing teams to deliver production targets and quality objectives.
- Provides technical expertise to increase the number of zero breakdown machines, reduce breakdown re-occurrences, and increase Mean Time between Failure (MTBF).
- Coordinates processes to develop and train maintenance, manufacturing operators, and Team Leaders.
- Supports the 8 TPM pillars with technical resources and coaching to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). Coordinates the Effective Maintenance (EM) pillar resources to deliver reliable maintenance processes including: 5S, Visual Factory and spare parts inventories for all new and existing equipment as well as equipment modifications.
- Drives improvements during equipment changes to deliver new procedures, breakdown reduction, root cause analysis, as well as risks and hazards.
- Maintains an integrated maintenance master plan utilizing quantitative information consistent with business goals.
- Provides coordination of support services for machining, welding, electrical and miscellaneous contracted services.
- Implements other support pillars to comply with safety, good housekeeping, quality and related regulatory requirements.
- Willing to work outside, some lifting may be required; heat and dust can be part of the environment.
- Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering is preferred
- Five years' of supervisory experience, delivering reliability improvements in a fast changing manufacturing environment.
- Must have experience managing maintenance teams and supporting autonomous manufacturing teams as they deliver continuous improvements.
- Experience with TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Pillars - Autonomous and Effective Maintenance in a process environment is preferred.
- Must have applied working knowledge of time, condition and predictive based maintenance processes.
- Must have experience managing P.M. (Preventative Maintenance) practices.
- Proven track record coaching, mentoring, and motivating and managing employees' skills development.
- Demonstrated experience proactively leading and coaching teams to solve problems, utilizing automatic line monitoring and other reliability improvement processes.
- Experience setting business targets to drive and sustain continuous loss reductions is required.
- Experience with shop floor/information systems (i.e. PC, PLC, and/or Robotics) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Analytical Process Mapping is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to learn other applications related to the job.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.