The Site Contracts Manager will primarily support Enviva’s Construction and Capital Projects team and will be responsible for preparing, examining, analyzing, negotiating, and revising contracts that involve the purchase or sale of goods including equipment, materials, supplies, or products and various services from engineering, procurement, construction and/or construction management.
This position reports to the Associate General Counsel and will support the site Project Manager with contract activity and mitigating subcontractor-related risks.
Location: The position will be based out of Enviva facilities per project requirements. First project assignment site is expected to be Epes, AL., but could be Mississippi or Florida depending upon the timing of hire. Travel/temporary relocation is expected based on the project timeline (see Travel Requirements).
- Management of all Subcontractor and Supplier Change Orders
- Management of all Subcontractor and Supplier Claims
- Liase with Legal Department on all significant change order requests, claims and disputes
- Ensure that notices are timely provided to subcontractors and suppliers. Ensure that Enviva issues timely responses to subcontractor and supplier notices.
- Ensure proper documentation (e.g. minutes of meeting) is created and maintained for all site meetings with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Work with project manager(s) to timely document any agreements reached.
- Track payments and deadlines.
- Analyze and mitigate risk. Maintain a Project Risk Log and mitigating actions.
- Provide contract summaries and ensure contract execution in accordance with company policy.
- In conjunction with procurement, oversee the preparation and revision of contracts that involve the site purchase of sale of goods and services.
- Negotiate terms and conditions.
- Track, implements, and recovers Liquidated Damages from Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Initiate and controls back-charges to/from Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Develop standard reporting procedures with finance/project controller.
- Manage project insurance claims including documentation of impacts and submission of necessary forms to recover on policies
- Liases with Scheduler/Planner to ensure planning schedules for subcontracts are produced and maintained.
- Support and guide the project team on contract issues.
- Oversee OS&D program.
- Prepare contract briefs and revisions summarizing contractual requirements and budgets.
- Track authorizations and correspondence.
- Maintain detailed and organized files of all contract documents and project correspondence.
- Monitor contractor performance, including the reporting and status of subcontractor and supplier deliverables.
- Maintain an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules.
- Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract status, facilitate contractor meetings.
- Work with Legal Department to ensure that contractor is in compliance with legal requirements, owner specifications and government regulations.
- Perform contract closing activities as soon as subcontractor work is completed.
- 8-10+ Years’ Experience in Contract/Claim Management for Construction Projects
- Bachelors of Science or Bachelors of Arts Degree in law, construction science, engineering, architecture, or other related field
- Experience managing contracts across multiple locations within a region
- Strong knowledge of construction disciplines, construction execution, means & methods and construction equipment (required)
- Experience managing and tracking project expenses to minimize exposure and risk
- Proven ability to collaborate across the organization and operate effectively within a matrix environment by resolving conflict and influencing others
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards
- Self-reliant and good communication skills essential
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and Word
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Knowledge of project scheduling concepts and/or tools such as Primavera or MS Project
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes
- Vision to understand the entire program scope and the ability to proactively support the project manager
- Desire for impact - ready to take on responsibility and work collaboratively with your team and cross-functional stakeholders
- Change Agent
30-40% - Willingness to travel based on needs of assigned project(s).
Typically assigned to primary project(s) until such project(s) are completed, then reassigned to new project(s). Travel to corporate office(s) or other venues occasionally required.
Worksite location at construction jobsite trailer, or main offices, depending on company needs
- Must be able to occasionally work in outdoor environments and industrial environments
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment