The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Construction Manager will join the Construction Team as a leader of all construction efforts for the new Epes pellet plant. This role will report to the Project Manager, Epes and will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the plant construction to keep the project on time, on budget, and per Enviva specifications.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory agency-required guidelines
- Comply with safety, good housekeeping, product quality, and related regulatory requirements
- Ensure a safe workplace and job site by adhering to safe work practices and the applicable site-specific safety plan
- Direct multi-disciplinary teams to accomplish Project and company objectives
- Maintain and communicate budget, cost estimate, and cost-to-complete information in a complete and timely fashion to all project team members and other constituencies throughout the project duration
- Responsible for communicating all budget and schedule variances to Project Management
- Assemble, organize, and oversee a team of internal design and construction experts and external resources to provide excellent design and construction services to the Project
- Identify innovative opportunities that enhance the quality of, decrease the cost of, and reduce time to complete construction projects
- Ensure uniform quality, schedule, and budget for design and construction of the Project; evaluate and resolve budget and scope issues
- Ensure all project documentation is completed in a timely manner and distributed as required
- Assist Project Manager in tracking and reporting Project KPIs
- Carry out the Project Manager’s duties when the PM is offsite
- Other duties as assigned
- Fifteen (15) years of manufacturing/industry experience
- Ten (10) years of managing industrial-scale projects
- BS or MS in Construction Management, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent cost control and scheduling skills
- Working knowledge of codes, regulations, and industry standards/practices, including OSHA health and safety guidelines for construction
- Comfortable speaking and presenting detailed information in a group setting
- Excellent interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to learn other applications related to the job
- Working knowledge of Oracle Aconex and P6 highly desirable
- Unwavering sense of trust, respect, honesty, and integrity
- Highly detail-oriented and well-organized
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in wood processing
- PMP Certification
- Six Sigma Certification (GB or BB)
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience
Must be able to work on site at the Epes, Alabama construction site during construction and through ramp and complete turnover of the plant from Construction to Operations. Able to travel to engineering (EoR) and vendor offices, Bethesda Corporate, Raleigh Corporate, and other Enviva Plants and Ports, as necessary. Expected travel from core job site (Mobile, AL during engineering and Epes, AL during construction, ramp, turnover) is approximately 10% but may change dependent upon business needs.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required by the construction schedule.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.