ABOUT GRANDVIEW FOUNDATION
Founded in 1969, Grandview Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit organization providing life-saving addiction recovery treatment to underserved adults. Grandview’s team of experts is experienced in treating the most difficult substance abuse cases, with expertise in the fields of therapy, addiction medicine, mental health, social integration, education, and recovery support. Our approach is based on services that are kind, respectful and gentle.
The Grandview Foundation is a Medi-Cal certified agency, with facilities located in four residential houses in a historic district of Pasadena, California. The Foundation offers individualized attention, comprehensive support, and time-tested expertise necessary to increase the likelihood of a successful and lasting recovery from addiction. All our services are free of charge.
Our mission is to empower clients to reclaim a sober and safe lifestyle, return to friends and family happy and healthy, and ultimately become productive members of the community for the rest of their lives.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Clinical Director is a member of the leadership team and reports to the Executive Director. The next Clinical Director will play a critical role in the management and delivery of clinical services, overseeing the clinical team and ensuring that Grandview Foundation provides holistic and quality addiction treatment services that meet the highest standards of care.
As head of the clinical team, the Clinical Director is responsible for hiring, training, and supervising (both clinically and job performance), 6 associate therapists dedicated to the psychotherapy program and 2 additional admissions counselors. The clinical team also fulfills the functions of the LPHA, as mandated under the DMC contract. This requires specialized training in the SAGE/PCNX electronic health program utilized by Los Angeles County, as well as specialized training in reviewing ASAM assessments and Treatment Plans. The Clinical Director facilitates weekly case review with both residential and outpatient counselors.
The ideal candidate has a passion and a desire to meet the unique needs of our clients, constantly searching for ways to improve our services.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Leadership & Organizational Management
- Actively participate on the Grandview leadership team, ensuring quality of programs and services.
- Oversee the clinical department in all issues of compliance with legal policies, guidelines, and medical standards.
- Stay current with emerging research in the fields of addiction and mental health treatment, and integrate new knowledge and best practices into current programs and services.
- Ensure all medical records and other hospital documentation are current and within state and federal laws.
- Evaluate program needs and maintain comprehensive clinical records, reports, statistics, and quality assurance.
- Cultivate a work environment that recruits, retains, and supports quality staff, focusing on staff morale and organizational culture.
- Direct and supervise the admissions department to ensure that assessments are completed fully and in a timely fashion, so that all our patients are assessed properly and vetted prior to admission.
- Monitor and keep abreast of Grandview’s clinical needs to ensure adequate staffing and clinical organizational structure.
- Hire, train and supervise clinical staff, ensuring adherence to best practices and client-centered care.
- Initiate appropriate counseling and disciplinary action where necessary. Knowledge of emergency procedures and crisis intervention, with the ability to communicate clearly and articulately to staff.
- Provide clinical leadership and guidance to our multidisciplinary team, including therapists and SUD counselors, interns and support staff.
- Design, implement and monitor clinical treatment programs that align with the mission of the Grandview Foundation.
- Perform the functions of the LPHA to ensure quality and timeliness that meet contract deadlines.
- Deliver direct patient services, performing both individual and group sessions and documentation, as needed.
- Licensed in the State of California as a Marriage & Family Therapist, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience, including staff leadership in addition treatment or behavioral health setting
- Must have experience working with trauma-based programs, and trained in at least one of the trauma-based therapies, including EMDR, TRM, Brainspotting, or one of the Somatic therapy protocols
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with diverse client and staff
- Experience with assessment, treatment planning, and discharge planning, with a sensibility to the needs of recovering persons
- Proficiency in electronic health record (EHR) systems and client documentation
OTHER DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated and be able to provide supporting documentation.
- Must not be on probation or parole
- Must have a negative TB screen
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range is $80,000 - $110,000. This is a full-time position located in Pasadena, CA. Benefits for full time employees include health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, holidays and more.
The Grandview Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, political affiliation or citizenship. All qualified applicants, including minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.
Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application process may contact Envision Consulting at 626.889.7905 to request and arrange for assistance.
Envision Consulting was retained by the Grandview Foundation to conduct the search for their incoming Clinical Director.