The Hoboken Shelter
ABOUT THE HOBOKEN SHELTER
Established in 1982, The Hoboken Shelter provides food and shelter, permanent supportive housing, and homeless prevention to meet community members at varying levels of supportive needs. These services help homeless guests develop the skills needed to gain employment, achieve independence, and re-integrate into the community. In 2021, the organization provided over 12,700 nightly beds and more than 120,400 meals through its Food & Shelter program. It also served nearly 19,700 individuals through vocational/educational/skills-building programs workshops and outreach and successfully housed 108 guests. Learn more in The Hoboken Shelter’s 2021 Impact Report and at www.hobokenshelter.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Manager designs and implements The Hoboken Shelter’s overall development plan and strategies. The Development Manager is responsible for directing a development team and working with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, committees and volunteers to increase donor engagement and securing funding through direct appeals, major gifts, planned giving, special campaigns, foundation and corporate giving, and fundraising events.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Donor Identification, Cultivation and Solicitation
- Leads identification, cultivation and stewardship of individual donors.
- Partners with Executive Director, research and identify prospective individual, foundation, and corporate supporters.
- Oversees the donor database to plan, track and analyze results of development efforts.
- Manages the annual grant calendar, developing timelines and managing the timely submissions of grants, letters of intent, requests for qualification, and annual reports.
- Plans and oversees fundraising event, including the Spring Fundraiser, Annual Fall 5K Race, Winter Annual Auction and support other events as needed.
- Recruits and supervises event volunteers, ensuring organized support leading up to and inclusive of the day of the event.
- Oversees the production and execution of fundraising events, supporting the Board of Directors, event committees and executive director in the short and long-term planning of annual and one-time events.
Appeals & Campaign Management
- Design and implement fundraising campaigns and strategies with the Development team.
- Produce direct appeal campaigns, including newsletters and targeted solicitations
- Manage the communications calendar and content with a focus on increased visibility and fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising.
- Experience with annual giving, small to mid-level donors, and events preferred.
- Experience managing staff, committees, and volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); ability to lead and be part of a team and detail oriented.
- Computer literate in database management, internet search techniques and Microsoft office.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The Hoboken Shelter offers a competitive salary range of $60,000-$80,000. Benefits include: vacation leave, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance.
The Hoboken Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Hoboken Shelter does not discriminate against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, political affiliation or citizenship. All qualified applicants, including minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.
Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application process may contact Envision Consulting at 626.889.7905 to request and arrange for assistance.
Envision Consulting was retained by The Hoboken Shelter to conduct the search for their incoming Development Manager.