Mission of Role:
Use your expertise to build web tools that enable real-world actions that protect people and the planet.
We protect people and the planet by transforming nation-scale 3D geospatial data into insights and actions. We envision a future where infrastructure failures and their devastating consequences—spills, ruptures, blackouts, wildfires, floods—have been eliminated. We identify and prevent these threats by revealing what previously could not be seen through the artful fusion of human and machine intelligence.
You have a passion for using your talents to make a tangible difference in transforming how society understands and responds to an increasingly changing world. You are excited by playing a foundational role on a high-performance team with people who understand the importance of an empathetic workplace that respects work-life balance.
- Take ownership of core web products and tools
- Work across the stack and participate in architecture design
- Develop new and existing client-side applications within existing MVC framework
- Investigate, identify, integrate new systems/tech/libs for prototypes and proof of concepts
- Develop testing frameworks, including end-to- end and unit tests
- Develop Docker images/environments
Strong Candidates Will Have:
- 3+ years of experience in web development
- Proficiency with: Python, Bower, Yarn, Webpack; Testing Frameworks (Jasmin, Mocha, Selenium); API interfaces (REST, Express, graphQL)
- Exposure to: Automation tools (Gulp, Grunt); SQL and NoSQL databases; CSS/Sass; web session management; ORMs (Mongoose, Sequelize)
- Work with people like yourself – talented, thoughtful, and passionate.
- Unlimited vacation policy (we’re serious – do great work, have fun and live life).
- Medical/vision/dental + 401k