Enview protects people and the planet by transforming nation-scale 3D geospatial data into insights and actions. We envision a future where infrastructure failures and their devastating consequences—spills, ruptures, blackouts, wildfires, floods—have been eliminated. We identify and prevent these threats by revealing what previously could not be seen through the artful fusion of human and machine intelligence.
About the Role:
Develop 3D computer vision algorithms that automatically extract actionable insights from massive quantities of wide-area LiDAR data to materially impact the safety and well-being of millions.
Our recurring data collection flights are generating what is rapidly growing into a nation-scale 3D data set. You are excited to have access to this firehose of data, and you are eager to use your mastery of machine learning and computer vision to develop algorithms that extract meaningful insight from these massive point clouds. Your work will help quantify the world at an unprecedented scale and precision.
- Prototype and develop algorithms for use in a high-throughput 3D vision processing pipeline
- Create reduced order models of the world from complex, unstructured 3D point clouds
- Use computational geometry to extract insights that drive real-world actions
- Develop production machine learning architectures for performance and scalability
- MS or PhD in engineering, computer science, or a related field
- 5+ years experience in 3D computer vision and machine learning
- Background and expertise with object segmentation, classification, registration and general scene understanding
- Mastery of C++ (mandatory) or Python (a strong "nice to have")
- Capability with general purpose deep learning frameworks (e.g., Keras, TensorFlow, Theanos, Caffe)
- Familiarity with some of the following: (i) point clouds; (ii) cloud computing on AWS or GCP; (iii) CUDA/GPU programming; (iv) PCL/OpenCV; and (v) GIS
- Actually walk-the-talk on software design best-practices, including (but not limited to!) test-driven development and frequent end-to-end testing
- Opportunity to play a foundational role at a well-funded startup with major client deployments and revenue
- Work with people like yourself|talented and thoughtful; passionate about solving challenging problems
- Unlimited vacation policy (we're serious about this|do great work, have fun and live life)
- Medical/vision/dental + 401K
- Office located in SoMa accessible from CalTrain, MUNI, and BART