- Be part of a great team culture in the analytics space!
- Fantastic benefits, flexible hours, Melbourne CBD location
- Named Australia's Coolest Company for Women and one of the Best Places to Work in Australia
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Envato is a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services that help creative people earn a living doing what they love. Since 2015, we’ve consistently been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the BRW Awards, and also awarded the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity. We offer flexible work options, incredible work from anywhere benefits and actively encourage diversity and inclusion.
Envato was founded 2006 and along the way we’ve helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $700 Million. Millions of people around the world choose our marketplace, studio and courses to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to create websites, videos, apps, graphics and more. We've also just acquired Placeit, an awesome logo-builder and mockup tool, with a team based in Guadalajara, Mexico! Find out more at Placeit, Envato Market, Envato Elements, Envato Sites, Envato Studio, Tuts+ and Inside Envato.
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world, we’re also growing really fast. We now have close to 600 staff and contractors worldwide, adding more than 100 people to the business, year on year, since 2017!
What you’ll be doing
Envato is split into four major business units which support our customers, authors, internal platforms and new ventures. Our Analytics team is acts as a shared service across all of these core groups, providing crucial expertise to help Envato leverage insights in order to make truly data-driven decisions. Data is central to our growth strategy, and as a result, we’re scaling quickly in this area. There are multiple opportunities for insights-driven analysts to support a number of business units, including Marketing, Product, Web and CRM/Customer.
To shed some light on what life is like as a Data Analytics Specialist in the Analytics team at Envato, you will work closely with senior stakeholders, the Analytics Director and Product Managers to analyse data, identify trends and highlight opportunities and issues for the team. You’ll be on the hunt to problem solve and identify root causes of positive and negative trends. You will be an instrumental member of a collaborative team, where you’ll take part in planning and measuring company KPI’s, supporting business goals such as new customer acquisition & increasing user retention.
Having the ability to manipulate and analyse large, complex data sets, turning them into actionable business insights will have you kicking goals in this role. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining a range of dashboards and reports conveying Envato’s KPIs, performing mission-critical analysis driving our online customer and revenue growth. (YAY!)
What we’re looking for
- Experience with online data and quantitative analysis, preferably for an Internet company (although we are open to more experienced candidates)
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Strong SQL skills are an advantage, as is experience with Amazon Redshift
- Strong analytical and visualisation skills (Excel/Tableau and the like)
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, science, economics or other quantitative fields
- Experience with big data - an advantage (this will help you collaborate with our Data Platforms Team)
- Ability to build effective relationships with individuals across all levels of an organisation
- Strong demonstrated alignment to Envato’s values.
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
- We’re offering a competitive salary package & benefits ($90k-$120k package, but flexible depending on experience)
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!