We are one of the world's leading online creative communities for tools, templates and talent. We want to help creators bring ideas to life and earn a living doing what they love, to be the place where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where our community earns every time that happens. We are bootstrapped, profitable and totally global. Learn more about our products and how they support our community here.
Like most of the world, we’ve transitioned to (mostly) working from home. Luckily, we’ve been set up to work from anywhere since day one, and we’re working hard to keep our team connected as we continue to support our creative community to thrive.
Impact to our community
We are looking for a Senior Payroll Accountant to join our Finance team in a permanent full-time opportunity. Reporting to the Reporting & Compliance Manager, you will oversee the payroll operations as we move towards an outsourced model. You’ll work with the outsourced providers in AUS, US, & NZ to deliver the payroll each month and on associated compliance activities, such as payroll tax, superannuation and workers compensation, including year end activities and reconciliations.
Ideally you will have had experience with the implementation of the outsourced payroll model, including helping prepare & deliver appropriate communications and training, in addition to developing internal processes and controls to support and actively manage this relationship. Your strong stakeholder management experience will see you successfully act as a liaison between the outsourced provider and the key stakeholders within the business.
In addition, you’ll complete all GL postings relating to payroll and complete reconciliations on a monthly basis for all payroll Balance Sheet accounts, maintain long service leave accrual calculation, and provide assistance to FP&A team to support variance analysis and forecasting in relation to payroll costs and provide payroll related reports and analysis as required.
This is a varied role where you’ll also be the key point of contact for all employee queries on payroll matters and maintain regular communications with our payroll officer in Mexico and assist with integration of policy & procedures. A process improvement mindset and collaborative approach whilst adhering to deadlines will see you succeed in this role.
- 5+ years of experience in a payroll function, ideally a global company
- Experience working with an outsourced payroll provider highly regarded
- Experience of bookkeeping/financial accounting/financial planning & analysis
- Experience of international payroll services (especially US or New Zealand)
- Experience of systems implementation and/or moving from an in-house to outsourced payroll
- Accounting qualification, or equivalent
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and a fast paced environment
- Ability to critically review processes to identify inefficiencies and find improvements
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, VLookup etc essential)
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and some GL/bookkeeping experience
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake tasks not directly related to payroll
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve problems
- Previous experience of working in tech/online/high growth businesses highly regarded
Join our global community
- We’re a BCorp certified business & we believe in succeeding sustainably.
- Your work directly supports the millions of people around the world using Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
- We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato.
- Generous parental leave, the flexibility to work & travel (when we’re on the move again), wellness programs and learning opportunities are only a few of the perks we offer.