We are one of the world's leading online creative communities for tools, templates and talent. We want to help creators bring ideas to life and earn a living doing what they love, to be the place where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where our community earns every time that happens. We are bootstrapped, profitable and totally global. Learn more about our products and how they support our community here.
Like most of the world, we’ve transitioned to (mostly) working from home. Luckily, we’ve been set up to work from anywhere since day one, and we’re working hard to keep our team connected as we continue to support our creative community to thrive.
Impact to our community
We're continuing to grow our team and we're looking for software engineers who would love the opportunity to work at Australia's premier Ruby development company. We work in small cross functional teams with a variety of skills and experience so, whether you're a passionate Ruby newbie or you've worked at our scale before, we'd love to hear from you.
The Identity Team provides people access to the Envato ecosystem and securely manages their personal information. On a day to day basis you will find yourself:
This includes protecting access to people's accounts and helping prevent fraudulent behaviour.
- This includes fulfilling regulatory requirements for the storage and handling of this information.
Providing a centralised and consistent view of people's data to the Envato ecosystem.
- This includes other Envato software engineers who need to integrate with our services.
- This includes other Envato staff who need to query sensitive customer data.
- This includes enabling integrations of Envato services with other third party services
What you’ll bring to the role
- You are keen to grow and expand your knowledge and skill as a software engineer. You crave feedback and the opportunity to learn from working with other software engineers, regardless of their skill level.
- You want to work in a collaborative software development environment. We understand there are many different working styles so we don’t force teams to pair program, but we do believe there’s value in working together to solve problems and sharing ownership of the things we build.
- You have some commercial experience with an object oriented language, ideally building web applications. We predominantly use Ruby, but you might have experience with Python, Java, or C#.
- You believe in the value of automated testing, and continuous integration and deployment.
- You’re comfortable with the idea of using a UNIX-like system for development and deployment. Most of our developers use OS X, and our production systems run on Linux.
- You are security-conscious and understand the importance of following our best practices to keep our community safe and secure.
Join our global community
- We’re a BCorp certified business & we believe in succeeding sustainably.
- Your work directly supports the millions of people around the world using Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
- We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato.
- Generous parental leave, the flexibility to work & travel (when we’re on the move again), wellness programs and learning opportunities are only a few of the perks we offer.