We are one of the world's leading online creative communities for tools, templates and talent. We want to help creators bring ideas to life and earn a living doing what they love, to be the place where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where our community earns every time that happens. We are bootstrapped, profitable and totally global. Learn more about our products and how they support our community here.
Like most of the world, we’ve transitioned to (mostly) working from home. Luckily, we’ve been set up to work from anywhere since day one, and we’re working hard to keep our team connected as we continue to support our creative community to thrive.
Impact to our community
We are searching for a Senior Manager - Digital Catalogue to lead a newly formed Digital Catalogue team within our Content Group. To ensure we have plenty of the high quality, diverse and fresh content our customers want, the Content Group sources content from digital creatives (we call them “authors”) all over the world, in turn helping creatives earn from their creative pursuits. We’re in an exciting phase where we’re upgrading our core content platform to support the growing needs of the Envato ecosystem, particularly in the creative stock space. Having this new platform in place will increase our agility and help us supercharge growth in our library and the value we bring to customers.
The Senior Manager - Digital Catalogue will be responsible for heading up a global team of subject matter experts on our various item categories (we call them “specialists”). You will also be responsible for the strategic analysis of the competitive landscape to understand if we need to launch new item categories; establishing policies around the acceptance of content into our catalogue; guidance around the grading/classification of the incoming content; defining metadata needs; understanding the requirements of our shopfronts and sourcing the right kind of content; ensuring diversity in the library; assistance in establishing a compelling discovery experience for our customers; and an acute awareness of the commercial value of items in the catalogue, including costs and performance.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to lead this team and empower our specialists to excel in their roles, while having a holistic view of the goals and objectives of the company/group; collaborating with the key stakeholders across the organisation; and identifying the themes that need to be focused on by the digital catalogue team. The role is an exciting blend of leadership, commercial strategy and influencing, which will never be short of interesting challenges and opportunities to make a significant positive impact to the organisation as a whole.
- 7+ years of experience in commercial strategy and leadership.
- Solid experience in leading geographically dispersed teams with independent members that are experts in their field.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Experience in managing inventory in a two-sided marketplace, preferably in the creative digital industry.
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to evolve a viable commercial strategy from a high level business vision.
- Strong data and analytical skills; and the ability to process potentially incomplete/uncertain information to identify a path forward.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, fast moving markets and constant evolution.
Join our global community
- We’re a BCorp certified business & we believe in succeeding sustainably.
- Your work directly supports the millions of people around the world using Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
- We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato.
- Generous parental leave, the flexibility to work & travel (when we’re on the move again), wellness programs and learning opportunities are only a few of the perks we offer.