We are one of the world's leading online creative communities for tools, templates and talent. We want to help creators bring ideas to life and earn a living doing what they love, to be the place where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where our community earns every time that happens. We are bootstrapped, profitable and totally global. Learn more about our products and how they support our community here.
Like most of the world, we’ve transitioned to (mostly) working from home. Luckily, we’ve been set up to work from anywhere since day one, and we’re working hard to keep our team connected as we continue to support our creative community to thrive.
Impact to our community
We have an opportunity for a Tax Specialist to join us in a newly created, full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the Global Tax Director based out of our Australian headquarters, you will play a key role in providing tax advice and support relating to all taxes in jurisdictions in which Envato operates principally Australia and the US. Our Tax team tackles a broad range of Australian domestic and international tax issues from corporate reorganisations to transfer pricing. This role is ideal for a corporate tax specialist looking to make the transition to an in-house role and expand on their tax knowledge in a developing tax function of a global technology business.
Some of the items you will be responsible for include detailed tax analysis of applicability of foreign taxes to Envato’s business lines, understanding global indirect tax requirements, the preparation and lodgement of Australian income tax and GST returns, , managing domestic and international tax payments in consultation with Treasury, , and sales tax registrations for US states and international jurisdictions. There is also an opportunity to get involved in commercial projects which require specialist tax advice allowing you to build relationships with our Legal, Content and Growth teams as well as liaise with our domestic and foreign tax advisors.
Collaboration and strong relationship building will be key to the success of this role as you connect with a range of stakeholders to provide tax technical, due diligence and advisory support on growth and expansion opportunities, routine taxation advice, and respond to tax technical queries from across the business and for our customers.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated understanding and knowledge of Australian corporate and international tax concepts gained from experience within an Australian inbound or outbound global organisation or top tier chartered firm.
- Tertiary qualified in finance, law, accounting or similar
- Experience with AUS tax laws is essential as well as an awareness of key tax issues impacting a global business operating cross-border
- Ability to perform in-depth research and legislative analysis, as well as practised written and verbal communication skills with an ability to clearly express information
- Strong collaboration skills and with the ability to build rapport with a range of stakeholders
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet multiple competing deadlines
- Intermediate level of computer literacy and Excel knowledge
- Ability to work independently and confident in dealing with global tax advisors
- Knowledge of US tax concepts would be beneficial, but is not essential
Join our global community
- We’re a BCorp certified business & we believe in succeeding sustainably.
- Your work directly supports the millions of people around the world using Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
- We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato.
- Generous parental leave, the flexibility to work & travel (when we’re on the move again), wellness programs and learning opportunities are only a few of the perks we offer.