We are one of the world's leading online creative communities for tools, templates and talent. We want to help creators bring ideas to life and earn a living doing what they love, to be the place where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where our community earns every time that happens. We are bootstrapped, profitable and totally global. Learn more about our products and how they support our community here.
Like most of the world, we’ve transitioned to (mostly) working from home. Luckily, we’ve been set up to work from anywhere since day one, and we’re working hard to keep our team connected as we continue to support our creative community to thrive.
Impact to our community
We're continuing to grow our team and we're looking for engineers who would love the opportunity to work at Australia's premier Ruby development company. We work in small cross functional teams with a variety of skills and experience so, whether you're a passionate Ruby newbie or you've worked at our scale before, we'd love to hear from you.
The Market Conversion & Foundation teams are looking for 2 x engineers to join their team. The Market Foundation team full of awesome people that like to have fun and deliver results. Our main focus is working on initiatives that contribute to Envato’s commercial goal to defend Market’s leadership while nurturing Envato’s ecosystem. The Market Conversion team is responsible for optimising the publicly facing home pages for the Envato Market sites. We are currently rebuilding these pages in a greenfields Rails6 application. On a day to day basis you will find yourself:
- Writing clean, well thought out and reliable code
- Participating as a member of a small cross functional team containing members with different skills and experience
- Woking on big projects, small maintenance tasks, server management tasks and anything else that makes software our customers love
- Taking responsibility for your work as most teams don't have analysts, testers or system administrators
- Taking part in our 24/7 on-call rotation supporting one of the biggest websites in the world
- Have commercial Ruby on Rails experience
- Have solid TDD/BDD experience
- Have experience of other high volume/scale web apps
- Past experience in other agile environments
- Excellent Linux knowledge
- An understanding of the OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks
Join our global community
- We’re a BCorp certified business & we believe in succeeding sustainably.
- Your work directly supports the millions of people around the world using Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
- We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato.
- Generous parental leave, the flexibility to work & travel (when we’re on the move again), wellness programs and learning opportunities are only a few of the perks we offer.