We are one of the world's leading online creative communities for tools, templates and talent. We want to help creators bring ideas to life and earn a living doing what they love, to be the place where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where our community earns every time that happens. We are bootstrapped, profitable and totally global. Learn more about our products and how they support our community here.
Like most of the world, we’ve transitioned to (mostly) working from home. Luckily, we’ve been set up to work from anywhere since day one, and we’re working hard to keep our team connected as we continue to support our creative community to thrive.
Impact to our community
Our Design team is looking for a Design Manager to join them in a full-time, 12-month parental leave contract role. In this leadership position, you play a multifaceted role leading a team of eight UX Designers and Researchers, playing a pivotal role as an active member of the Growth Leadership Team, and championing Envato’s values and design team expectations. The Growth team strives to increase our customer base and customer satisfaction and comprises Engineering, Product, Marketing, Paid Growth, UX & Design, & Customer Success.
As the Design Manager you will provide design leadership by informing design direction across our Market and Elements products and company initiatives and will be expected to present and rationalise design recommendations at the project and strategic level. Your key stakeholders will be senior leaders, senior level product managers, designers and engineers who you'll collaborate with to tackle complex problems to design effective solutions.
In Design, we fall in love with problems. We work together to explore and unlock creative solutions as champions of our users. We show our working and follow established patterns and processes. As the leader, you will be expected to champion these values and behaviours as measures of success.
- Experience leading a team of designers and design leaders including defining and championing processes and rituals.
- Experienced product design background working in different design environments and frameworks.
- Strength in collaborating with stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Marketing as well as senior leaders across the business.
- Confident presenting to senior leaders and facilitating 1:1 stakeholder interviews and workshops.
- In depth understanding of web accessibility and responsive design.
- Ideally experience working in an eCommerce / marketplace / digital environment.
Join our global community
- We’re a BCorp certified business & we believe in succeeding sustainably.
- Your work directly supports the millions of people around the world using Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
- We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato.
- Generous parental leave, the flexibility to work & travel (when we’re on the move again), wellness programs and learning opportunities are only a few of the perks we offer.