At Envato, we’ve built marketplaces where anyone can buy and sell the creative assets they need to complete their projects faster. To ensure we have plenty of the high quality, diverse and fresh content our customers want, the Content Group sources content from digital creatives all over the world, in turn helping creatives earn from their creative pursuits.
In addition to hiring for our Melbourne CBD office, we will also consider applications from experienced Product Managers who would like to work remotely (Australia & New Zealand Wide)
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who can lead the development of the Content Platform, build a strategy and roadmap that helps Envato scale its systems, improve discoverability of its content and understand the needs of a broad range of customers and stakeholders across the business and industry. You’ll be comfortable discussing product taxonomy, content metadata, as well as platform architecture and how to integrate the latest technologies and usability, practises to ensure efficient review, management and distribution of our content.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Own initiatives for the Content Management teams that will drive positive outcomes that execute on the Content Group and Company strategy.
- Partner with the Content Management Director to create the vision, strategy and roadmap for how we review, curate, store and distribute content, that strikes the right balance between quality, safe content, the volume of content and efficient processing time.
- Work with product, design and technology teams across multiple group to prioritise and build improvements to our content management systems.
- Increase the discoverability of content, through improving metadata and content ‘signals’.
- Help build a core platform that is reliable, scalable and secure.
- Understand the needs of the Envato business and third parties when it comes to receiving and distributing content to help prioritise product development of the core platform.
- Maintain industry knowledge and enhance subject matter expertise, identify trends and changes in client and competitor behaviours, and keep abreast of changing regulatory requirements.
- Consult with key stakeholders across the business, including Legal, Finance and Analytics & Business Intelligence.
- Present roadmaps and canvasses to the Lead Product Manager, General Manager and other senior leaders in a clear, concise and synthesised manner for feedback and approval.
- Be an active member of relevant teams and the broader product function, positively contributing to the strategy, execution and team morale.
- Help coach and mentor other product team members.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience forming product strategy in a content/ digital media driven industry.
- 7+ years of experience in product management.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to operate within ambiguity.
- A technical/analytical background would be advantageous.
- Experience with APIs, automation and vendor integrations would be desirable.
What we offer
- Purpose and Profit — Envato is a purpose-driven, BCorp certified business. We strive to have a positive impact on the lives of all of our stakeholders, from content creators and customers to our staff and the broader community.
- Global Impact — Envato helps anyone unlock their creative potential. Millions of people around the world use Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
- Diverse and Inclusive — Envato consistently ranks high in Australia’s Great Place to Work survey. We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato, through a caring, engaged and flexible work environment.
- Personal Growth — At Envato, personal development and career progression can take many forms. Envatians are supported to shape their careers through our Apprentice Developer program, secondment opportunities, investment into development programs, or formal mentoring and more.
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!