In line with our long history of flexible working, Envato is continuing to hire throughout the COVID-19 period, with all interviewing and on-boarding currently taking place virtually. All of our existing and future employees around the world will continue to Work from home for the time being, supporting our creative community to thrive through these ever-changing times.
We are searching for a Senior Technical SEO Specialist to join Envato’s SEO Team in a permanent full-time role.
We are open to candidates who are located in Melbourne (and looking to be based at our HQ when we are back in the office), and also across Australia & New Zealand to work remotely.
The SEO Team ensures the performance of the Organic Search channel by mitigating risk and exploring growth opportunities. Organic Search is the most successful Marketing Channel across a number of websites within the Envato ecosystem. This senior technical position will identify opportunities to gain and improve organic website traffic and engagement while mitigating risks to organic traffic.
As a senior technical SEO subject matter expert, you’ll apply your up to date knowledge of the digital landscape to advise the SEO team and stakeholders on strategic, tactical and technical updates to the Envato group of websites, and collaborate with various teams to ensure successful implementation.
In this technically focused role, the successful candidate will have to demonstrate a deep understanding of the intricacies of the page rendering process and other aspects of technical SEO.
In addition, you’ll also:
- Identify and mitigate risks to existing traffic and engagement
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure new releases adhere to due-diligence processes and SEO best practice
- Identify opportunities to grow traffic and engagement in line with business success metrics
- Collaborate with the Content Marketing team to define, prioritise and track performance across content marketing platforms like our Blog and Tuts+
- Weekly and monthly reporting including competitive analysis
- Take ownership of the organic search performance of one or more of Envato’s websites
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable experience implementing SEO strategies on enterprise websites, as well as content marketing
- Experience with conducting SEO experiments to test theories
- Strong analytical capabilities, including both eCommerce and Organic Search KPIs
- Proven ability to drive buy-in with stakeholders for recommendations through sharing SEO best practices and supporting with quantifiable data
- Self starter with experience working with multiple stakeholders to achieve positive results
- Inquisitive mindset and willingness to learn and try new things
Technical SEO experience we are interested in:
- Minimum five years proven experience and deep understanding of technical aspects of SEO, specifically content discovery, crawling, rendering and ranking ideally in eCommerce
- Demonstrated understanding of current web development technologies and how to utilise them to implement fully technical SEO compliant web pages
- The ability to troubleshoot page rendering issues and the knowledge to recommend fixes
- Experience in optimising faceted navigation and other eCommerce page-types for SEO
- Experience in working through very large datasets for analysis and reporting.
- Experience in consolidating data from multiple sources to optimise on-site content, ideally in a programmatic fashion
Some other experience we think is worth mentioning:
- Experience with aggregator websites
- Exposure to international SEO
- Experience in the domain of trading in creative assets
- Experience in SEO Tools API integrations
- Exposure to dashboards and data visualisation
- Experience in scripted web crawling
- High level knowledge of other marketing channels’ strategies (social, affiliate, paid)
To be considered as a candidate, applicants must demonstrate experience that matches the job requirements in a detailed cover letter and CV.
Envato was founded by designers, for designers
Envato’s story began in 2006 with the launch of its first marketplace, FlashDen. Our founders were on a mission to find a better way for web designers to be paid fairly for their templates. This core idea was expanded into similar marketplaces for graphics, audio, video, web themes and plugins, and reinforced with a huge network of educational content, creative tools and complimentary services.
Today, we’re home to over 600 staff in many locations. Over 700k customers purchase content with Envato every month, and the creative community has earned over $1billion USD through our platforms. We’re certified as a BCorp and consistently rank highly in Australia’s Great Place to Work survey.
We’re here without a single dollar of investment or debt, because we’ve been profitable every single year.
What we offer
- Purpose and Profit — Envato is a purpose-driven, BCorp certified business. We strive to have a positive impact on the lives of all of our stakeholders, from content creators and customers to our staff and the broader community.
- Global Impact — Envato helps anyone unlock their creative potential. Millions of people around the world use Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
- Diverse and Inclusive — Envato consistently ranks high in Australia’s Great Place to Work survey. We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato, through a caring, engaged and flexible work environment.
- Personal Growth — At Envato, personal development and career progression can take many forms. Envatians are supported to shape their careers through our Apprentice Developer program, secondment opportunities, investment into development programs, or formal mentoring and more.
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you. We are considering applicants to either work remotely from anywhere Australia & New Zealand, or eventually join us in our Melbourne HQ.