In line with our long history of flexible working, Envato is continuing to hire throughout the COVID-19 period, with all interviewing and on-boarding currently taking place virtually. All of our existing and future employees around the world will continue to Work from home for the time being, supporting our creative community to thrive through these ever-changing times.
A bit more about the role
At Envato, we are passionate about our Authors. For over 14 years we’ve been enabling independent Authors around the world to earn a living, and we’ve paid out close to $1 Billion dollars. Envato is entering a new phase for Authors, and we are looking for leaders to help build our offering for Authors for the next wave of growth. Our strategy aims to make Envato easier, faster and more engaging to work with for our Authors as we continue to deliver rapid global growth in our subscription and market products.
What you’ll be doing
The purpose of the role is to build Envato as a service where Authors consistently contribute their creative content to Envato over many years, and encourage their friends and contacts to join.
You’ll be responsible for Envato’s relationship with our existing Author base and their ongoing retention and engagement..
Success will be measured by increasing the amount of quality content supplied by our existing Authors, the number of Monthly Active Authors, and the number of items produced per Author
What we’re looking for
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies to drive content and engagement from our existing Authors.
- Manage Author churn and put in place programs to increase retention and publishing rates for Authors
- Oversee Envato’s Author marketing messages and strategies to attract and retain Authors across distinct segments
- Oversee Envato’s communications with Authors delivering effective messaging to our Authors who typically reside in non-English speaking markets such as Russia, Ukraine, Indonesia, India and Brazil
- Develop Account and Relationship Management practices for our largest Authors
- Develop the strategy and plan for Envato’s Author community, integrating the community into Envato’s Author proposition and demonstrating the commercial value of the community
- Champion Authors internally, helping to build a customer focused view on everything we do
- People Management & Team Leadership
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience leading marketing and communications teams for B2B SaaS or Digital marketplace businesses
- Demonstrated delivery of a customer proposition (including messaging and communications) that increased revenue and customer retention
- Experience working across a multi-segment, multi-channel product and service offering
- Collaborative and team oriented working style, able to work with a variety of teams to achieve outcomes for Authors and Envato
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and communicates with impact
- Brings initiative and creative problem solving skills to improve Author and Envato outcomes
- Experience with digital community management a plus
- Product and commercial experience will also be considered favourably
Today, we’re home to over 600 staff in many locations. Over 700k customers purchase content with Envato every month, and the creative community has earned over 10M through our platforms. We’re certified as a BCorp and consistently rank highly in Australia’s Great Place to Work survey.
We’re here without a single dollar of investment or debt, because we’ve been profitable every single year.
What we offer
Purpose and Profit — Envato is a purpose-driven, BCorp certified business. We strive to have a positive impact on the lives of all of our stakeholders, from content creators and customers to our staff and the broader community.
Global Impact — Envato helps anyone unlock their creative potential. Millions of people around the world use Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
Diverse and Inclusive — Envato consistently ranks high in Australia’s Great Place to Work survey. We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato, through a caring, engaged and flexible work environment.
Personal Growth — At Envato, personal development and career progression can take many forms. Envatians are supported to shape their careers through our Apprentice Developer program, secondment opportunities, investment into development programs, or formal mentoring and more.
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you. We are considering applicants to either work remotely from anywhere Australia & New Zealand, or eventually join us in our Melbourne HQ.