We’re so happy you found us. Since you’ve come this far, it’s safe to say you’re curious about our story and what career opportunities exist, so we’d love to start by introducing ourselves.
Then & Now
Our story starts in 2006 with three founders in a Sydney garage (no, we’re not kidding). Born from a desire to earn a living doing what they loved, with the flexibility to do it from anywhere, Envato set out to create an online community for buying and selling creative digital assets. Nearly 13 years later, we’re profitable and still totally bootstrapped. This allows us to stay super experimental and totally focused on the best interests of our authors & customers around the world.
We’ve built marketplaces where anyone can buy and sell the creative assets they need to complete their projects faster. Our community can now buy millions of different kinds of assets on Envato Market, or subscribe to the #1 unlimited subscription service for creatives, Envato Elements. Every day, these products continue to help everyone from freelancers to small business owners and agencies get their creative projects done.
While we are known and loved within the digital professional community globally, where our authors have earned over $750 million, we also want to be a place where anyone can Make with Envato. Alongside Market & Elements, our portfolio also includes Milkshake, a website builder for Instagrammers, Placeit, a smart template tool for logos, mockups, graphic design & more, Mixkit, for free stock footage and animation, and most recently, Twenty20, a stock-photo subscription service.
With over 600 people globally, we have offices in Guadalajara, Mexico & Los Angeles, alongside our funky Melbourne HQ. We pride ourselves on being super remote friendly, with a staffing population just as diverse as the global community that use our products. To keep this sustainable as we scale, we support people to work from anywhere, whether that’s the beach in Croatia, on the Mornington Peninsula, or from their living room.
What you’ll be doing
Envato has an opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Sales Manager to set up and lead the America sales team in a newly created role. This role will be based in ideally in Los Angeles, USA, however we are open to location for the right candidate.
The purpose of this position is to establish and grow a successful global Enterprise Sales function for Envato Elements based in the US including building a team, setting up and managing the sales strategy, and ensuring processes closely align with our head office in Melbourne, Australia.
You will be responsible for increasing sales metrics, engaging with key customers, and delivering excellent customer service across all customer operations. You will maintain and improve the sales function including CRM management, customer types, and pipeline management. In addition you’ll lead the hiring and recruitment to find, nurture, and shape the future of the Enterprise Sales team and be responsible for training and onboarding new hires.
The role will see you build and develop strong relationships across all levels to create and uphold a work environment that promotes Envato’s values and vision. You will closely liaise with stakeholders in our AUS office and there will be some travel required to AUS as well as parts of the US.
- Hire, train, manage, and mentor a team of Enterprise Account Executives focusing on the full sales cycle from prospecting to close
- Meet and exceed sales objectives
- Establish, enforce and improve the sales processes to maximize team efficiency and effectiveness
- Create programs and spiffs that incentivize reps to perform
- Manage the team via metrics and report on their success
- Manage the enterprise pipeline and ensure that the team has a sufficient pipeline to exceed revenue targets
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand the business outcomes they are trying to achieve and their information needs
People Management and Team Leadership
- Manage the performance and learning/development of the team: be an awesome coach, motivate your team, set goals and provide a path for your reps to succeed
- Lead by example, promoting the Envato values and behaviours
- Undertake regular 1:1s and conduct annual performance and development reviews
- Promote employee engagement and minimise staff turnover
What we’re looking for
- Minimum three years of management and or leading a team selling into the Enterprise level preferably from a background in SaaS, media or emerging technology
- Minimum four years experience as an Account Executive
- Ideally previous experience or exposure to setting up a successful sales function
- You know what it’s like to sell for a fast growing technology company
- Experience analyzing data for performance and trends
- Proven track record of successful sales exceeding goals and quotas
- Proven track record of building sales team strategy
- Exceptional communication skills, integrity, leadership
- Previous experience in selling digital creative goods preferred, but not essential
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!