- Play a crucial role in supporting a range of cross-functional initiatives
- Awesome benefits, flexible work conditions and continuous learning opportunities
- Named Australia's Coolest Company for Women & one of the Best Places to Work
We’re so happy you found us. Since you’ve come this far, it’s safe to say you’re curious about our story and what career opportunities exist, so we’d love to start by introducing ourselves.
Then & Now
Our story starts in 2006 with three founders in a Sydney garage (no, we’re not kidding). Born from a desire to earn a living doing what they loved, with the flexibility to do it from anywhere, Envato set out to create an online community for buying and selling creative digital assets. Nearly 13 years later, we’re profitable and still totally bootstrapped. This allows us to stay super experimental and totally focused on the best interests of our authors & customers around the world.
We’ve built marketplaces where anyone can buy and sell the creative assets they need to complete their projects faster. Our community can now buy millions of different kinds of assets on Envato Market, or subscribe to the #1 unlimited subscription service for creatives, Envato Elements. Every day, these products continue to help everyone from freelancers to small business owners and agencies get their creative projects done.
While we are known and loved within the digital professional community globally, where our authors have earned over $750 million, we also want to be a place where anyone can Make with Envato. Alongside Market & Elements, our portfolio also includes Milkshake, a website builder for Instagrammers, Placeit, a smart template tool for logos, mockups, graphic design & more, Mixkit, for free stock footage and animation, and most recently, Twenty20, a stock-photo subscription service.
With over 600 people globally, we have offices in Guadalajara, Mexico & Los Angeles, alongside our funky Melbourne HQ. We pride ourselves on being super remote friendly, with a staffing population just as diverse as the global community that use our products. To keep this sustainable as we scale, we support people to work from anywhere, whether that’s the beach in Croatia, on the Mornington Peninsula, or from their living room.
What you’ll be doing
Join our Project Partnerships Service Team as a Business Analyst in a permanent full-time role. The Associate Business Systems Analyst is an “all-rounder”, focused on both business and technical concerns. They work closely with the engineering team and stakeholders from across the business to gather requirements, research problems, plan solutions, and make recommendations to meet the needs of our business users, customers, and authors.
- Acquire deep domain knowledge and an understanding of the company’s various business models
- Work with stakeholders, business platform colleagues and customers to iteratively research problems and explore solutions
- Elicit requirements, diagnose, prioritise and resolve requirements gaps
- Use appropriate communication techniques and provide “just enough” documentation to ensure clarity of requirements, proposals, processes, system behaviour by users across the business
- Investigate and analyse integration with 3rd party systems
- Evaluate requirements and solutions on the basis of cost/benefit, and explore and alternatives
- Present solution alternatives in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders
- Work with teams to implement solutions across all stages: analysis, design, implementation, delivery and support
- Contribute to the development and execution appropriate testing plans to ensure smooth delivery of quality solutions
- Support relevant teams across the business to understand any changes to features and processes, and ensure smooth internal communications and external launches to users
- Triage issues, bugs and requests (internal and external users)
- Help maintain a meaningful, valuable, prioritised backlog of well-defined user stories for delivery by the team
- Participate in delivery team rituals including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, estimation, retros and fortnightly demos
- Form a strong partnership with the Project Owner and support them in meeting the project goals and objectives.
- Provide insights to Project Owners and key stakeholders about cross company concerns, such as related projects, interested stakeholders, and key learnings from past projects
- Assist in vendor selection processes (building requirements, sourcing vendors, facilitating vendor demonstrations and scorecard evaluations)
- Assist with business / systems analysis activities for projects (business case creation and problem definition, requirements, functional solution definition, system configuration)
What we’re looking for
You are an all-rounder who leans into challenges, learns fast and solves problems. You’re a great communicator, skilled at conveying business concepts to tech stakeholders and vice versa. You are well organised, self starting, and comfortable working on multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Demonstrated experience working as a Business Analyst or similar role
- Strong technical aptitude, comfortable discussing technical aspects of system design and implementation
- Ideally two years of systems analysis, technical analysis or business analysis experience
- Ideally has been involved in or had exposure to delivering large, complex software systems
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Able to build empathy between technology and business stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, visual and written
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills
- Degree qualified in computer science, software engineering, information systems or similar
- Past experience as a software developer will be highly regarded
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!