- Join our global Marketing team
- Melbourne CBD location, generous benefits
- Named Australia's Coolest Company for Women and one of the Best Places to Work in Australia
We’re so happy you found us. Since you’ve come this far, it’s safe to say you’re curious about our story and what career opportunities exist, so we’d love to start by introducing ourselves.
Then & Now
Our story starts in 2006 with three founders in a Sydney garage (no, we’re not kidding). Born from a desire to earn a living doing what they loved, with the flexibility to do it from anywhere, Envato set out to create an online community for buying and selling creative digital assets. Nearly 13 years later, we’re profitable and still totally bootstrapped. This allows us to stay super experimental and totally focused on the best interests of our authors & customers around the world.
We’ve built marketplaces where anyone can buy and sell the creative assets they need to complete their projects faster. Our community can now buy millions of different kinds of assets on Envato Market, or subscribe to the #1 unlimited subscription service for creatives, Envato Elements. Every day, these products continue to help everyone from freelancers to small business owners and agencies get their creative projects done.
While we are known and loved within the digital professional community globally, where our authors have earned over $750 million, we also want to be a place where anyone can Make with Envato. Alongside Market & Elements, our portfolio also includes Milkshake, a website builder for Instagrammers, Placeit, a smart template tool for logos, mockups, graphic design & more, Mixkit, for free stock footage and animation, and most recently, Twenty20, a stock-photo subscription service.
With over 600 people globally, we have offices in Guadalajara, Mexico & Los Angeles, alongside our funky Melbourne HQ. We pride ourselves on being super remote friendly, with a staffing population just as diverse as the global community that use our products. To keep this sustainable as we scale, we support people to work from anywhere, whether that’s the beach in Croatia, on the Mornington Peninsula, or from their living room.
What you’ll be doing
We have an opportunity for a Social Media Specialist to join our Marketing Team based in our Melbourne office in a 12 month, full-time maternity leave contract role.
Reporting to the Content Marketing Manager, the Social Media Specialist will be responsible for managing our social media channels to drive global engagement and contribute to Envato’s customer acquisition.
In this specialised role, you'll manage a number of our social media accounts to creatively drive Envato’s marketing activities and campaigns, while seeking out opportunities to grow Envato‘s reach and customer base via social channels.
- Create compelling content and campaigns that are creative, on brand, on tone, and interesting and exciting to our community
- Identify opportunities to extend our reach with external parties, including authors, partners, and influencers
- Work with stakeholders around the business to source, repurpose and distribute content on social media platforms, acting as the channel gatekeeper
- Lead on social media reporting and analysis; provide regular insights on the performance of Envato’s social media outreach, as well as industry trends, competitor activity and best-practice social media behaviour
- Create a social media schedule across each of our social media channels
- Align the social media calendar with marketing stakeholders and company-wide goals
- Identify areas for social optimisation within current Envato sites and products
- Support risks and issues management in conjunction with Customer Success and PR & Comms teams
What we’re looking for
- Ideally a minimum of three years social media marketing experience working on well known brands and managing a community
- Demonstrated skills in using best-practice social media use to drive strong commercial outcomes, increase brand reach, and engagement
- Successful experience in keeping a company social media profile on brand and on tone
- Proven ability to design and implement effective social media campaigns from scratch
- Good grasp of current-generation social media tools with willingness to learn new software tools
- Demonstrated understanding of the opportunities and differences between different social networks and online communities
- Excellent grasp of global consumer trends and audience behaviour on social media
- Strong written, verbal and creative skills
- Ability to work to varied deadlines and responding to urgent business needs
- Graphic or web design experience a plus, but not essential
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!