- Join our established UX & Design Team at our global Head Office in Melbourne
- Work with our Marketing Team across multiple channels including email and social
- 6 month fixed term contract
Envato Then & Now
Our story starts in 2006 with three founders in a Sydney garage. Born from a desire to earn a living doing what they loved, with the flexibility to do it from anywhere, Envato set out to create an online community for buying and selling creative digital assets. Nearly 13 years later, we’re profitable and still totally bootstrapped. This allows us to stay experimental and totally focused on the best interests of our authors & customers around the world.
We’ve built marketplaces where anyone can buy and sell the creative assets they need to complete their projects faster. Our community can now buy millions of different kinds of assets on Envato Market, or subscribe to the #1 unlimited subscription service for creatives, Envato Elements. Every day, these products help everyone from freelancers to small business owners and agencies get their creative projects done.
While we are known and loved within the digital professional community globally, where our authors have earned over $850 million, we also want to be a place where anyone can Make with Envato. Alongside Market & Elements, our portfolio also includes Milkshake, a website builder for Instagrammers, Placeit, a smart template tool for logos, mockups, graphic design & more, Mixkit, for free stock footage and animation, and most recently, Twenty20, a stock-photo subscription service.
As a Digital Designer at Envato you’ll be an active member of both the UX & Design team and one of our marketing teams where you will be responsible for creating engaging and on-brand creative that communicates a clear message to our users whilst meeting the project goals. Each of our marketing teams are primarily responsible for a single channel however you will be expected to have a comprehensive understanding of design across email, social media banners and landing pages. Collaboration is key to how we work in the Envato design team and we are looking for someone who brings that type of approach to everything they do, especially including:
- Participating in workshops your team to understand the goal and scope of a project.
- Exploring different concepts with your team across multiple channels that have a clear connection to the project and creative briefs.
- Presenting design recommendations to the team effectively to get buy-in.
- Eliciting and taking on board constructive feedback to ensure the designs iterate positively.
- Advocating brand consistency.
- Championing our users and their needs and point of view.
- 3+ years experience designing across a range of digital products and channels with a portfolio showing examples of your work including:
- Design exploration through low, medium & high fidelity design concepts..
- In depth understanding of colour, layout, typography usability and accessibility.
- Design for responsive layouts, with an all devices first approach.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or your design tool of choice.
- Confident presenting your design work and rationale for how it achieves the project objectives to stakeholders
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!