We’re so happy you found us. Since you’ve come this far, it’s safe to say you’re curious about our story and what career opportunities exist, so we’d love to start by introducing ourselves.
Then & Now
Our story starts in 2006 with three founders in a Sydney garage (no, we’re not kidding). Born from a desire to earn a living doing what they loved, with the flexibility to do it from anywhere, Envato set out to create an online community for buying and selling creative digital assets. Nearly 13 years later, we’re profitable and still totally bootstrapped. This allows us to stay super experimental and totally focused on the best interests of our authors & customers around the world.
We’ve built marketplaces where anyone can buy and sell the creative assets they need to complete their projects faster. Our community can now buy millions of different kinds of assets on Envato Market, or subscribe to the #1 unlimited subscription service for creatives, Envato Elements. Every day, these products continue to help everyone from freelancers to small business owners and agencies get their creative projects done.
While we are known and loved within the digital professional community globally, where our authors have earned over $750 million, we also want to be a place where anyone can Make with Envato. Alongside Market & Elements, our portfolio also includes Milkshake, a website builder for Instagrammers, Placeit, a smart template tool for logos, mockups, graphic design & more, Mixkit, for free stock footage and animation, and most recently, Twenty20, a stock-photo subscription service.
With over 600 people globally, we have offices in Guadalajara, Mexico & Los Angeles, alongside our funky Melbourne HQ. We pride ourselves on being super remote friendly, with a staffing population just as diverse as the global community that use our products. To keep this sustainable as we scale, we support people to work from anywhere, whether that’s the beach in Croatia, on the Mornington Peninsula, or from their living room.
What you’ll be doing
Join us as Senior UX Designer working on Envato Elements. Be part of the UX & Design team, reporting to the Lead UX Designer and manage and lead a small team of multidisciplinary designers. As Senior UX Designer you’ll be responsible for leading design within your product, promoting the importance of a collaborative, user centered design process to achieve a balance between the needs of our users with the business goals and company vision.
The focus for Elements is rapid growth over the next couple of years and you will work with the Product and Engineering leads to drive this.
You’ll be an embedded Designer very much hands on with running workshops, interviews, helping determine best research methods and rapid prototyping. You’ll support the successful design and delivery of projects via a clearly defined, collaborative and repeatable design process.
You’ll also be required to present and rationalise design recommendations to GM’s, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience in a similar UX/product design role with a portfolio showing examples of how you:
- Explore and understand user problems and business goals.
- Run formal and informal testing sessions and distill raw results into tangible insights.
- Explore different design directions with explanation for why a final design was selected.
- Next steps/lessons learned.
- Proven experience in product discovery to drive business outcomes
- Demonstrated experience managing a team and their workload
- Confidence presenting to groups and facilitating 1:1 stakeholder interviews and group design workshops.
- In depth understanding of web accessibility and responsive design.
- Solid knowledge of HTML & CSS that enables you to efficiently work with engineers to make the dream becomes a reality.
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean environment.
- Aligned values with that of Envato’s
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.envato.com/careers/top-5 and www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you. If you're just starting out and looking for a Junior UX role, follow this link to register your interest for future opportunities.
Please be aware that if you have applied for a UX Designer role with us in the last 3 months, and were unsuccessful, we will not be considering further applications from you at this time
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!