Twenty20 is bringing stock photography into the modern, mobile age. Our global community of over 250,000 creative mobile photographers have contributed over 45 million photos for sale, making us the largest crowdsourced commercial image catalog in the world. We sell those images to companies like Google, Uber, Thought Catalog, and other leading brands/startups/agencies who are looking for a more authentic alternative to traditional stock imagery.
We are a small, autonomous, 7-person team based in Los Angeles, Marina del Rey working as part of the larger Envato family.
At Twenty20, we're working hard to build a marketplace that connects amateur and professional photographers to brands and agencies that want to buy photos of real people, having real emotions, doing real things. We have tons of massive challenges in engineering and product over both a short timeline as well as over a longer time horizon. We work with massive amounts of unstructured data, and we’re constantly learning and building new ways to help our customers tell their stories with images from our photographer community.
Every team member touches every part of our code base, and we care deeply about fostering an environment that allows us all to teach and learn from each other, regardless of your role or area of expertise. Our engineers work closely with product owners and designers to understand our unique community of artists and buyers, and use that understanding to build highly scalable systems, software, and tools to make them happy and productive.
We work to solve hard problems around photo classification, community management and data analysis, just to name some of the domains we deal with on a daily basis. Lucky for us, we already have an amazing team. We’re looking to add a few members -- if you think you might fit in, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
Exciting new permanent position as Product Designer working in a cross functional team, you’ll be charged with leading a user centred design process to design clean, beautiful web & iOS app interfaces. You’ll collaborate closely with the Product Manager to research, prototype, and validate ideas with our users. You’ll have enough experience with web development workflow to negotiate your designs through build and into production. Throughout the journey you’ll be championing the user and striving to implement the most inspiring and engaging experiences for them.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated experience designing user interfaces for digital products with a portfolio showing examples of your work and process, including:
- In depth understanding of usability & accessibility and how it applies to UI components, colour, layout, typography, iconography and imagery..
- Designing responsive layouts, with an all devices first approach.
- Experience creating low, medium & high fidelity prototypes.
- Confident presenting to groups and facilitating design workshops.
- Comfortable collecting and using user insights to inform designs & determine success
- Experience creating, documenting, managing and championing a design system.
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean environment.
- Solid knowledge of HTML & CSS that enables you to efficiently work with engineers so the final product matches the design.
- Familiarity with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
What We've Got
A Great Team and Culture
- Developers are responsible for features from inception through to them being in the hands of customers. The devs talk directly to our community and customers about what they're working on
- We do continuous delivery properly: any team member can deploy, and we regularly do several deploys a day
- We publish portions of our code as open source, and contribute back to open source projects we use
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- Future career progression will be available across the entire business - we're big on internal opportunities and professional growth!
- Competitive salary and team member benefits
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Twenty20 and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the application questions. Good luck!