Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Envato is a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. We’ve consistently been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia, since 2015, in the BRW Awards, and we’ve also been awarded the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity by JobAdvisor.
Envato was found in 2006 and, since then, we’ve helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $500 Million. Millions of people around the world choose our marketplace, studio and courses to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to build websites, videos, apps, graphics and more. Find out more at Envato Market, Envato Elements, Envato Sites, Envato Studio and Tuts+.
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world; we’re also growing really fast! We have close to 600 staff and contractors worldwide, adding more than 100 people to the business, year on year, since 2017.
What you’ll be doing
The WordPress developer’s role is to support the Envato Extensions team in the development and updates to Envato products. They will be responsible for feature development on Extensions Products such as our Envato Elements WordPress Plugin, as well as the day to day operations of WordPress installations.
Skills & Qualifications
- Is likely to have 3+ years of WordPress web development
- Is likely to have experience working on a large WordPress plugin
- Has experience communicating with 3rd party API endpoints using PHP/WordPress
- Has working knowledge of web development technologies:
- PHP Development with a specialisation in WordPress
- Experience with WordPress, including hosting and performance optimisations
- Analytics frameworks (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Has familiarity with version control systems, including Git
- Has proven ability to deliver multiple projects for multiple stakeholders/clients concurrently
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with the rest of the team
- Effectively takes and gives constructive feedback to work towards a better solution within the team
- Communicates with stakeholders for delivery of required and desired functionality
- Acts upon feedback on their performance from stakeholders and managers
- Displays honesty, openness, fairness, transparency and integrity in line with the Envato values
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visitingwww.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!