Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we're a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. In September 2014, one of our sites, ThemeForest, was the 90th most visited website in the world and it remains among the most visited Australian-owned website on the planet! With more than 350 staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $500 Million.
JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity (2015 and 2016). We were also named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 BRW Awards.
On Envato Market thousands of people earn a living selling things like WordPress themes, photos, music tracks and illustrations. With Envato Elements, we oversee one of the world’s largest subscription services for digital creatives, providing hundreds of thousands of files for unlimited download for one flat fee. We offer website design and hosting with Envato Sites. On our education platform Tuts+, over 5 million people learn skills including code, illustration, photography, web design, and more, each month. We also run a freelance marketplace called Envato Studio.
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world; we’re also growing really fast!
What you’ll be doing
In this new role, as a UX Researcher, you will be an integral part of the UX & Design team identifying user needs, motivations & challenges and translating them into insights that can be used by the business and design team when making product design decisions. You will be hands-on researching, analysing, exploring ideas, prototyping and testing to achieve the best outcome. You will champion the user while collaborating with designers, product managers, analysts, engineers, content writers and business stakeholders.
You will be comfortable leading both strategic and tactical research projects to support delivery, design and product teams, moving fast, learning fast and designing in a collaborative environment. The role requires you to not only validate existing assumptions but discover new opportunities as well.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in a design focused research role working with cross functional team working with designers and stakeholders to understand user needs by:
- Identifying research goals.
- Collaboratively executing research, including local and remote facilitated interviews/usability testing, card sorting, focus groups etc.
- Translating research data into tangible & accessible insights and presenting back to the group.
- Planning and executing strategic research to help inform the product strategy and vision.
- Promoting the value of research through insights and representations of our users.
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills.
- Confident presenting insights to groups and facilitating 1:1 stakeholder interviews and group workshops.
- In depth understanding of web accessibility and responsive design.
- Experience Working within agile delivery team schedules.
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!