- Define the strategy for a brand-new analytics team
- Lead a group of highly engaged Content Analysts
- Named Australia's Coolest Company for Women & one of the Best Places to Work
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we're a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. In September 2014, one of our sites, ThemeForest, was the 90th most visited website in the world and it remains among the most visited Australian-owned website on the planet! With more than 350 staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $700 million! JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity (2015 and 2016). We were also named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 BRW Awards.
On Envato Market thousands of people earn a living selling things like WordPress themes, photos, music tracks and illustrations. With Envato Elements, we oversee one of the world’s largest subscription services for digital creatives, providing hundreds of thousands of files for unlimited download for one flat fee. We offer website design and hosting with Envato Sites. On our education platform Tuts+, over 5 million people learn skills including code, illustration, photography, web design, and more, each month. We also run a freelance marketplace called Envato Studio. We've also just acquired Placeit, an awesome logo-builder and mockup tool, with a team based in Guadalajara, Mexico!
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world, we’re also growing really fast!
As the Content Analytics Team Leader within the Analytics department at Envato, you will work closely with the General Manager, the Content Planning Manager, Author Operations team, Product Managers and other analytics and data teams to build content strategy from the ground up, constantly seeking growth opportunities and executable business actions. You will take part in planning and measuring the impacts of various content strategies, understanding and communicating the performance of the content team, contributor behaviour, operational performance and supporting business goals such as new contributor/content acquisition and management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Own end to end Content analytics, leading the Content Analytics team
- Own Content performance including monitoring performance, identifying issues, updating stakeholders & troubleshooting
- Provide regular feedback to the Analytics Director and Content GM to track activity, issues, successes and challenges
- Coordinate with the different analytical and data functions to improve and solve data issues and capabilities
- Set priorities to meet work objectives and agreed outcomes, with a high level of independence of action and initiative
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, mentoring and support, always leading by example
- Be proactive in identifying issues and possibilities of growth and improvement
- Manipulate and analyse large, complex data sets turning them into actionable business insights
- Build and maintain a range of dashboards and reports
- Perform analysis to help understand our content library and contributor base
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-7+ years’ experience with online data and quantitative analysis, preferably for an Internet company
- Experience leading and developing small teams of analysts
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Strong SQL and visualisation skills (Excel/Tableau and the like)
- Ability to translate problems into definable actions
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Ability to build effective relationships with individuals across all levels of an organisation
- Strong demonstrated alignment to Envato’s values
- A demonstrated propensity to strive for excellence