- Define the strategy for a brand-new analytics team
- Lead a group of highly engaged Content Analysts
- Named Australia's Coolest Company for Women & one of the Best Places to Work
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Envato is a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services that help creative people earn a living doing what they love. Since 2015, we’ve consistently been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the BRW Awards, and also awarded the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity. We offer flexible work options, incredible work from anywhere benefits and actively encourage diversity and inclusion.
Envato was founded 2006 and along the way we’ve helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $700 Million. Millions of people around the world choose our marketplace, studio and courses to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to create websites, videos, apps, graphics and more. We've also just acquired Placeit, an awesome logo-builder and mockup tool, with a team based in Guadalajara, Mexico! Find out more at Placeit, Envato Market, Envato Elements, Envato Sites, Envato Studio, Tuts+ and Inside Envato.
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world, we’re also growing really fast. We now have close to 600 staff and contractors worldwide, adding more than 100 people to the business, year on year, since 2017!
What you'll be doing
As the Content Analytics Team Leader within the Analytics department at Envato, you will work closely with the General Manager, the Content Planning Manager, Author Operations team, Product Managers and other analytics and data teams to build content strategy from the ground up, constantly seeking growth opportunities and executable business actions. You will take part in planning and measuring the impacts of various content strategies, understanding and communicating the performance of the content team, contributor behaviour, operational performance and supporting business goals such as new contributor/content acquisition and management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Own end to end Content analytics, leading the Content Analytics team
- Own Content performance including monitoring performance, identifying issues, updating stakeholders & troubleshooting
- Provide regular feedback to the Analytics Director and Content GM to track activity, issues, successes and challenges
- Coordinate with the different analytical and data functions to improve and solve data issues and capabilities
- Set priorities to meet work objectives and agreed outcomes, with a high level of independence of action and initiative
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, mentoring and support, always leading by example
- Be proactive in identifying issues and possibilities of growth and improvement
- Manipulate and analyse large, complex data sets turning them into actionable business insights
- Build and maintain a range of dashboards and reports
- Perform analysis to help understand our content library and contributor base
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-7+ years’ experience with online data and quantitative analysis, preferably for an Internet company
- Experience leading and developing smallteams of analysts
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Strong SQL and visualisation skills (Excel/Tableau and the like)
- Ability to translate problems into definable actions
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Ability to build effective relationships with individuals across all levels of an organisation
- Strong demonstrated alignment to Envato’s values
- A demonstrated propensity to strive for excellence