We are one of the world's leading online creative communities for tools, templates and talent. We want to help creators bring ideas to life and earn a living doing what they love, to be the place where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where our community earns every time that happens. We are bootstrapped, profitable and totally global. Learn more about our products and how they support our community here.
Like most of the world, we’ve transitioned to (mostly) working from home. Luckily, we’ve been set up to work from anywhere since day one, and we’re working hard to keep our team connected as we continue to support our creative community to thrive.
Impact to our community
You’re comfortable with application development in various languages and managing the underlying infrastructure that your systems run on. You’ll have previous experience with deployment pipelines, monitoring systems, and you expect production deployments to happen multiple times per day without issue. We are after a hands-on team player that can support other teams to help them do the best work they can by minimising operational toil and believe in improving collaboration between development, operations, and security disciplines.
We value people who can roll up their sleeves and get things done while keeping the big goals in sight. As a Engineer - Site Reliability, you'll be working as part of a product team, to ensure the reliability, security and performance of Envato's websites. Here's a snapshot of your day-to-day:
- Design and Build: AWS and Heroku infrastructure and support tooling
- Availability: work to decrease the mean-time-to-detection and mean-time-to-recovery of all systems, both public-facing and internal.
- Monitoring: improve the monitoring and measurement systems that support our operational scale and continuous delivery
- Performance, Efficiency & Latency: contribute to the measurement techniques that assist in the performance tuning of the applications stack
- Security & risk: be an active contributor to identifying and mitigating risks
- Supporting a large public-facing web-based application
Our Infrastructure/Application & Tooling technologies:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- AWS RDS (PostgreSQL) & Amazon Aurora
- AWS Elastic Container Service
- CloudFlare, AWS CloudFront, and imgix CDNs
- DDoS mitigation systems
- React, Node.js, Typescript, Service Side Rendering (SSR)
- Elixir (specifically large CQRS architectures)
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails application development experience
- Linux & Docker administration experience
- Amazon Web Services administration experience
- Experience building and maintaining cloud-based applications and infrastructure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of the OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks
Join our global community
- We’re a BCorp certified business & we believe in succeeding sustainably.
- Your work directly supports the millions of people around the world using Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
- We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato.
- Generous parental leave, the flexibility to work & travel (when we’re on the move again), wellness programs and learning opportunities are only a few of the perks we offer.