- Engage with our community and champion Author quality!
- Define roadmaps for initiatives and product prioritization
- Named Australia's Coolest Company for Women and one of the Best Places to Work
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we're a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. In September 2014, one of our sites, ThemeForest, was the 90th most visited website in the world and it remains among the most visited Australian-owned website on the planet! With more than 350 staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $500 Million.
JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity (2015 and 2016). We were also named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 BRW Awards.
On Envato Market thousands of people earn a living selling things like WordPress themes, photos, music tracks and illustrations. With Envato Elements, we oversee one of the world’s largest subscription services for digital creatives, providing hundreds of thousands of files for unlimited download for one flat fee. We offer website design and hosting with Envato Sites. On our education platform Tuts+, over 5 million people learn skills including code, illustration, photography, web design, and more, each month. We also run a freelance marketplace called Envato Studio.
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world; we’re also growing really fast!
What you’ll be doing
As a Content Specialist at Envato you’ll play a pivotal part in ensuring that Envato has an industry leading content offering across all of our products.
You will be responsible for providing industry and domain expertise throughout the business, and designing and maintaining cost effective systems, policies and processes that allow us to maintain content quality, including in particular Author Quality Management. You’ll work closely with many teams in the business to roll out quality initiatives and ensure that Envato Authors have the information and support they need to produce amazing content for Envato’s products.
What we’re looking for
- 3-5 years of experience in web design and/or front end development
- Strong working knowledge of current design and media creation tools (Adobe PS, AI, ID, Sketch, etc)
- Strong working knowledge of current design principles
- Strong understanding of UI/UX principles
- Familiarity with modern web development technology landscape (React, Vue, Progressive Web Apps)
- Familiarity with modern web development workflows (usage and integration of Sass, Webpack, Gulp, Git, etc)
- Ability to research and analyse competitor marketplaces and industry trends, and effectively engage with stakeholders to present findings and recommendations
- Demonstrated experience in managing and delivering projects from end to end
- Strong Communication Skills - Ability to present a clear, logical and persuasive message. Capable in both written and verbal expression
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong and proven planning & organisational skills
- Strong ability to make informed decisions, driven from data and stakeholder insights
- Experience designing and developing processes
- Experience creating and maintaining process documentation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Deep understanding of the importance of balancing quality and efficiency
- Strong ability to work independently and take initiative
- Basic knowledge of copyright law/Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and how it relates to different content types
- Familiarity with Envato’s marketplaces and an understanding of its customers (authors and buyers)
- Understanding of Envato’s authoring and review process
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
- We’re offering a competitive salary package & benefits ($80k-$100k package, but flexible depending on experience)
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!