We are a venture backed real estate technology company with the leading SaaS + Services platform for residential investors. Powered by machine-learning and 100% online, Entera’s end-to-end residential real estate platform modernizes the real estate buying process to help our clients access and evaluate more properties, scale their operations, make data-driven investment decisions, and win more often.
Many of the largest real estate investors in the world use Entera’s marketplace daily. Entera’s annual transaction run rate is over $3.6B across 24 markets since its launch in 2018. Entera has raised $40M of venture capital from some of the most established & trusted firms in the world. The company is headquartered in New York City, New York and Houston, Texas.
About the Role:
Entera is looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing Data team. The primary function of this role is to work with our Data Engineering and Real Estate Analyst teams to assist with data analysis and exploration, development of data visualizations, and reporting. You will be responsible for becoming an expert in our data services and working in all parts of our data product, including dashboarding and BI tools, application databases, and our data warehouse. In this high visibility role, you will be expected to tackle complex assignments and manage priorities, playing a role as a key team member in our rapid growth company.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Data Engineering & Real Estate Analyst teams with data exploration, preparation, and analysis
- Explore complex datasets to find insights and help our analytics engineers make data modeling decisions
- Work with data from Snowflake, mySQL, S3, and other data sources, using primarily SQL and SQL-based BI systems
- Review data and perform quality assurance to ensure data integrity
- Identify anomalies and unusual patterns in large datasets and work with our Real Estate Analysts to understand the root cause of such patterns and offer explanations for how to make use of the data
- Translate report requirements/specifications into data visualizations (dashboards)
- Prepare ad-hoc reports per internal and external clients’ request
- Generate data driven insights leveraging descriptive analytics and communicate findings to analytics engineers, real estate analysts, and other data product stakeholders
Who You Are:
- Professional experience in an analytical role - including business analyst, data analyst, or data scientist
- Experience with data analysis and processing using SQL
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL including constructs such as: aggregation functions, common table expressions (CTEs), window functions, subqueries
- Ability to make decisions involving ambiguous and challenging datasets, and to present those decisions to stakeholders in an easy to understand way
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g. Superset, Looker, Redash, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to master new tasks and technologies quickly
- Team player with demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple concurrent assignments
- Nice to have:
- Experience with dbt or similar data transformation frameworks
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with or knowledge of basic statistical concepts, including descriptive statistics, sample size analysis, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, statistical inference, and linear regression
Entera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO) that celebrates difference and diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging and respect. If there is anything we can do to ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.