We are a venture backed real estate technology company with the leading SaaS + Services platform for residential investors. Powered by machine-learning and 100% online, Entera’s end-to-end residential real estate platform modernizes the real estate buying process to help our clients access and evaluate more properties, scale their operations, make data-driven investment decisions, and win more often.
Many of the largest real estate investors in the world use Entera’s marketplace daily. Entera’s annual transaction run rate is over $3.6B across 24 markets since its launch in 2018. Entera has raised $40M of venture capital from some of the most established & trusted firms in the world. The company is headquartered in New York City, New York and Houston, Texas.
Entera is looking for an Analytics Engineer to join our growing Data team. The primary function of this role is to work with our Data Engineering and business teams to build dimensional data models in our data warehouse using dbt, and to expose those models to end users in the form of data visualizations and reports. You will be responsible for becoming an expert in our data services and working in all parts of our data product, including dashboarding and BI tools, application databases, and our data warehouse. In this high visibility role, you will be expected to tackle complex assignments and manage priorities, playing a role as a key team member in our rapid growth company.
Successful candidates will thrive in Entera’s unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): resourcefulness, adaptability, curiosity, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, collaboration, technological savvy, and operating in a dynamic environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with data engineering and real estate experts to synthesize data requirements into scalable data pipeline components
- Work with data from Snowflake, MySQL, S3, and other data sources, using primarily SQL and SQL-based BI systems
- Build dimensional data models in Snowflake using dbt
- Expose those data models in the form of data visualizations and reports to BI tools such as Apache Superset and Redash
- Design and implement data tests (schema tests, unit tests, etc) on data models to ensure a high level of data quality and integrity
- Write and maintain technical documentation for the data models you produce
- Offer your own input and expertise on data warehouse design, and suggest additional tooling we can add to our stack when applicable (tools for documentation management, testing, improved development workflows, etc)
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure
- Generate data driven insights leveraging descriptive analytics and communicate findings to engineers, real estate analysts, and other data product stakeholders
Who You Are:
- Must have or be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or a real estate concentration, including mathematics, engineering, Computer Science, Real Estate, Economics/Finance, or related concentration from an accredited college or university
- Experience with data warehousing and dimensional modeling, specifically using the dbt framework or a similar SQL-based transformation tool
- Advanced knowledge of SQL for data transformations, including constructs such as:
- Common table expressions (CTEs), subqueries, aggregation functions, window functions, stored procedures, templating
- Strong familiarity with source control systems such as Git and other command line tools
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including CI/CD, testing, system design, code quality
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g. Superset, Looker, Chartio, Redash, Tableau, etc.)
- Fluency in English
- Self-starter with ability to master new tasks and technologies quickly
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple concurrent assignments
- Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with or knowledge of basic statistical concepts, including descriptive statistics, sample size analysis, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, statistical inference, and linear regression
Entera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO) that celebrates difference and diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging and respect. If there is anything we can do to ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.