Ensemble Travel Group is a leading travel agency consortium of top-tier agencies throughout the U.S. and Canada that was established in 1968. Acquired by Navigatr Group in June 2022, Ensemble provides members with access to exclusive offers, unique hosted tours, partnerships and superior marketing opportunities with best-in-class suppliers, and proprietary travel platforms such as ADX that offers agents instant commission visibility, one click insurance and more to improve efficiencies and earnings. Ensemble maintains offices in Toronto and New York.
The Manager, Cruise Programs, is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of data and content related to Ensemble Cruise Programs and for the group operations as necessary to support Ensemble Hosted, Amenity and Promotional cruises. This position requires an ability to understand sales and marketing messaging behind offers, a keen attention to detail and deadlines, initiative to source information, and pride in error-free results. Customer service with members and communication with third party suppliers is also required. They must work well independently, interact well with a team, multi-task, be highly organized and able to meet multiple deadlines.
They work closely with Supplier Relations, Business Development and Accounting. They support all members in the US, Canada and Australia as it pertains to Ensemble Cruise Programs.
- Create preliminary cruise passenger manifests, with follow-up and updating for additional/missing information.
- Communication with agents, suppliers, tour operators at varying times for final details, reminder notices, confirmations, organizing amenities, gathering/reporting feedback.
- Communication with cruise hosts for marketing support and training.
- Pre-Cruise preparation for Ensemble Host including creating materials and overall group review.
- Post-Cruise follow-up with Ensemble Hosts including evaluations, expenses, issues.
- General administrative responsibilities – including mail functions for department.
- Create master cruise host list, updated throughout the year.
- Follow-up with members for bio info/photos for Ensemble Host database.
- Proof-read/edit supplier offers as necessary.
- Create cruise booking guidelines for all programs.
- Maintain inventory of materials, advise when re-order needed (paper, envelopes, badges, badge holders, host business cards).
- Customer Service to members, via phone and email, including general questions or specific issues concerning Ensemble cruise program.
- Follow-up/troubleshoot issues for cruise programs with suppliers.
- Regular communication with Sr. Manager for status and cross-check of all responsibilities.
- Communication with/ back up for some functions of Cruise Manager.
- Collaborate with any other department staff and back up for appropriate functions.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- College degree and/or knowledge of travel industry; cruise line knowledge preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word and excel, with PowerPoint a plus.
- Superior organization skills, ability to meet deadlines on consistent basis.
- Ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.