Ensemble Travel Group is a leading travel agency consortium of top-tier agencies throughout the U.S. and Canada that was established in 1968. Acquired by Navigatr Group in June 2022, Ensemble provides members with access to exclusive offers, unique hosted tours, partnerships and superior marketing opportunities with best-in-class suppliers, and proprietary travel platforms such as ADX that offers agents instant commission visibility, one click insurance and more to improve efficiencies and earnings. Ensemble maintains offices in Toronto and New York.
The Senior Manager, Events will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, proposing, implementing and executing Ensemble events. These events are revenue growth generated through our network.
This is a hybrid role with 40% of your time dedicated to concepting, planning/logistics, budget management, managing partners, speakers, driving interest, attendees/engagement and 60% of your time you will be focused on implementing and executing the events with the support of the marketing team. The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role manages all event details for both in-person and virtual events. If you are organized, creative, and passionate about planning, we’d love to meet you!
This will include but not be limited to:
- Design and curate the events program throughout the year – developing themes and content format for both.
- Develop events that drive engagement, attendees and interest virtual and in-person events from the travel industry – including advisors, partners, press.
- Utilize project management tools and timelines for all major event initiatives. Monitor progress and manage to keep production on track.
- Manage budgets and resources to deliver events to meet company, attendee and partner objectives. This will include working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage, provide leadership and assign workload for one direct report; the Event Producer.
- Interact regularly with internal leadership teams and event stakeholders to provide updates on event progress and ensure all event deliverables are on schedule.
- Work closely with the creative team and manage creative deliverables for each event including invitations (print and email), signage, graphics, filming and editing, etc.
- Manage event communications schedule and oversea and approve all event communications.
- Lead, manage, and provide direction to contractors and vendors. Collaborate with internal teams and external contractors to ensure successful event operations and program development/deployment.
- Work closely with Partnership Marketing team to facilitate and coordinate familiarization and top performer trips.
- Working with brand managers to understand each brand’s foundation and background to integrate into event strategies.
- Establish partnerships and relationships and interact regularly with external stakeholders and attendees to ensure events are aligned with partner objectives and requirements. Foster these relationships to benefit of the company.
- Innovate by developing new ideas, special features and programs at events. Ensure these activities meet internal and external stakeholder objectives and expectations.
- Develop literacy and working industry knowledge, including the event content being featured. Stay up to date on industry trends and competitor initiatives. Foster the ability to discuss partners’ products and services, as well as uncover new opportunities.
- Guide and ensure consistency of corporate image and brand throughout all events and project.
- Other duties as assigned.
This requires an extremely talented and flexible individual who has a roll up their sleeves attitude and is comfortable with a hands-on position. They have the ability to relate and build successful relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, use creative marketing and analytics to influence, is a champion of the advisor experience and of successfully driving and positioning brands.
- 5+ years’ experience as an Event Manager or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience working with event platform technology, preferably CVENT.
- 3+ years’ experience managing digital 1:1 networking events.
- Experience in marketing, events, conferences, and project management.
- Experience planning both in-person and virtual events required.
- Luxury event experience and creative vision in event creation.
- Familiarity with virtual event platform software a plus.
- Requires experience designing and executing marketing strategies, communications campaigns and programs.
- Relationship building, networking and outreach skills. Sales aptitude preferred.
- Demonstrates extreme attention to detail and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills to guide diverse teams towards a common goal.
- Knowledge and experience with marketing techniques, social media and industry trends.
- Outgoing, self-motivated person with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate and connect effectively with multiple departments, partners and customers.
- On the pulse of the latest trends on marketing, events and innovations.
- Superior communication, writing and editing skills and ability to demonstrate versatility in writing formats, including online.
- Travel or hospitality industry experience an asset.
- Ability to travel for events as necessary.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to work autonomously in an agile, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities based on alignment with business goals and strategic direction, define timelines and deliver to commitments.
- Ability to correspond and manage partner needs and escalations in a professional manner.
We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.